I need a neutral flat tow kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 78553

Reaction score
I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find a neutral Flat tow kit for a 2003 sport track. I want to purchase this truck to tow behind my motor home. But i've been unable to locate a neutral flat tow kit or switch. Does anyone on the forum know where I can get one or else a wiring diagram to make my own. I understand that it is just a light and micro switch. Also the installation instructions for the kit. If I can't find the information I will have to pass on buying the truck because I need one I can flat tow behind my motor home.
TIA
Mel:(

For my 2010 I just needed a LED and a switch. Bought off Amazon for a few bucks. I have to manually flip the switch and make sure the shifter is in neutral. Have you found the 03 NTK instructions? It should have the detail needed to add it to yours.

Duralast wire connector 1154
Standard connector S-1794
Add switch and indicator light if you want. Plug is under the dash hanging.
1L2Z-7H332-AB
The Ford "Kit" was just this harness, a switch with a light and a mounting template.

For my 2010 I just needed a LED and a switch. Bought off Amazon for a few bucks. I have to manually flip the switch and make sure the shifter is in neutral. Have you found the 03 NTK instructions? It should have the detail needed to add it to yours.

I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find a neutral Flat tow kit for a 2003 sport track. I want to purchase this truck to tow behind my motor home. But i've been unable to locate a neutral flat tow kit or switch. Does anyone on the forum know where I can get one or else a wiring diagram to make my own. I understand that it is just a light and micro switch. Also the installation instructions for the kit. If I can't find the information I will have to pass on buying the truck because I need one I can flat tow behind my motor home.
TIA

TIA
I am in the same boat! A fan of Sport Tracs. Have two to tow behind my motor home. Just bought a cherry (2008 Limited, only 85k Mi). I am in the process of doing the Neutral Tow. Here is a link that someone posted on my irv2 Forum question:
http://ddwt.us/ourarticles-how_to_make_a_ford_explorer_dinghy_ready.htmLet me know how it goes! All the best!

Latest posts