I literally busted an eBay thief in the act.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
So I sign on to check my e-mail, and all of a sudden, I get about 70 e-mail messages. I thought it was a spam flood. Nope, some son of a bitch broke into my eBay account. I log into my eBay (the idiot didn't change my password, thankfully), and I changed all my info--pass, security question, etc. I then proceeded to delete every auction, one-by-one, before they went "live." Finally, I notified eBay, changed all PayPal information, changed e-mail password, and changed any of my online shopping passwords. In addition, I had my bank freeze any transfers to or from PayPal and placed a fraud alert on my credit reports--just to be safe. He charged about $95 in listing fees, which eBay has already refunded.

In the mean time, I told my bank to open a new account with a new number for me, which will be for eBay use only. I'll e-transfer funds to it when I buy, and leave the thing empty all other times. This guy could have cleaned out my regular account since I use the overdrafting-pull from other shares option.

I only wish I could have hit the asshole with my truck. I was lucky. Make sure you keep those passwords EXTREMELY secure. Mine had letters and numbers, but was too easy. The new one--let's just say that we visited Windows Character Map. :)

Here's a screenshot after I cancelled all the auctions.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, That has happened to too many people I know....

Glad you caught it early enough..

Todd Z

That happened to me dude you didnt have to delete the auctions like that, wait about ten minutes for ebay to do it for you and they take full liability. The reason they didnt change your password is because its not a person its a program...

Happened to me before Christmas. Now, Ebay won't let me bid or sell anything. I'm done with Ebay anyways.

If i would figure out who did it,lets just say it will be some national news crap.Joking:D....but if that happened to me....... i would be pissed.Thats why i check everything,everyday.!!

The good thing is you caught it before it gone way worse

Latest posts