I like to have the Base Series console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sniezek

Reaction score
I am think of getting the Base Series console. I have the High Series Console. But like to keep the ac in the back some how.

James S (limited Red)

The console itself is the duct work for the rear a/c. If you change to the base series console, it won't mate up to the dash for the rear air. If you have grey, I'd be willing to trade.

There is a duct within, but not part of the high series console, and a separate blower which may or may not fit in the low console. It could be an interesting experiment.

The blower will not fit in the low console. The interior of that console is consumed by the large cast aluminum bracket that mounts to the floor and goes to the top where the folding armrest mounts to it. You have basically zero interior space.

Roger

I am still thinking about it and yes I have the grey.

or

I think I have a way to keep the rear air and blower there. So I am going take out the blower, dust work and air controls. So I need to keep my old one to do this. When I find a base series console I show us what I did. If you guys have one I buy it off one of you.

James S (Limited Red)

Latest posts