I helped a fellow ST owner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
I have a former co-worker who bought a 2004 ST two years ago solely on my recommendation. Yesterday, he said the dealer wanted $130 to diagnose and fix P0171 and P0174 problem. I told him that I could do it for $25.

Found a cracked elbow. I happened to have a spare one on a shelf in my garage. Fixed it in 5 minutes. Then he told me about a rattle coming from the rear suspension. We went for a ride. My diagnosis: Rattling weed whacker in the bed. I showed him my bed mat. Now, he wants one. Anyone have one laying around that's for sale?

Ranger484,

Yes, A.K. has a bed mat, and he says the same thing...Heavy and probably too costly to ship.

...Rich

They are out of production and if the guy really wants it he has to understand he has to pay for it. It's great everyone is looking out for his financial well being but unless no one wants the hassle of shipping give the guy a price and let him decide if it is worth it or not.

I FOLDED a bed mat into a box and Fed ex ground shipped it a while back for under $20.

Todd Z

Everyone has excuses for not shipping the bed mats. I gave up on getting one unless it's local a long time ago. Everyone that has shipped one says its cheap and easy. Everyone that hasn't, well...

Todd Z,

FedEx prices depend on where the package is shipped from and the destination, weight, and the dimensions of the package. They even charge more if package is going to a private residence rather than a business.

I can tell you that because about a week ago I sent a package to my daughter in Ohio that weight just over 13 lbs and I was charged $39. I'm pretty sure that the bed mat weights more than 13 lbs, and the shipping box would be larger too, but not large enough for an Over-size charge.

Hugh,

IT IS NOT CHEAP AND EASY TO SHIP A BED MAT, or I would not still have mine !

About 3 years ago, I tried to give away the bed mat to anyone who would come and pick it up. Nobody jumped at that offer. I had a few people who wanted it and said they would pay for shipping , but when I gave them the cheapest shipping estimates from USPS, UPS, and FedEx ground, they did not want to pay that much...so I still have it. It's on my garage floor and I park my car over it in case there is a leak it won't stain the concrete. So far, no leaks and the mat looks like it is brand new.

I am willing to pack and ship it to anyone willing to pay the shipping charges. However, if people are not willing to pay the shipping costs, they probably feel the shipping charges are too expensive, or they don't really want the Bed Mat.

...Rich

Cheap and easy are very relative terms. We can agree on that.

Latest posts