I got a package - Taylor Spark Plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Geist

Reaction score
Wife called to tell me I got a package. She said, "I don't think it's the battery tester you ordered". I said, "I know...it's my Taylor spark plug wires". Needless to say, my "extended because no one's in the office today" lunch break included a trip to Ford to pick up some motocraft plugs. Looks like I'll have a weekend project.

I've read quite a few of the posts on the challenges in changing the wires and plugs. I haven't had to change wires since my Chevy sprint back in 1992. Can this be done with just a normal spark plug socket set?

Also - thanks Ryan Y for the update about summit racing having the wrong part number for the sport trac (it was listed as the OHV engine; they didn't have it listed as the DOHC engine)...anyway, thanks.

Since no one in my family got my ST anything for Christmas...it was up to me. I can't believe they didn't get her anything. Afterall, she is part of the family.

And Happy New Year's to everyone.:p

You may need a swivel, different extensions and the smaller sized spark plug socket. May even need a wrench to put on top of the spark plug socket...

Good luck

Todd Z

Thanks for the advice, Todd Z. I'll keep that in mind tomorrow when I'm cursing out my tools and wishing I had a swivel socket set. I'll see how it goes...and maybe by mid-afternoon, I will have more tools than when the day started. ;)

Save yourself some trouble and go ahead and remove the passenger front tire before you start!!!

You will be glad you did. :)

Hope this helps

KatManT

1 more thing..... go to the drug store and get some band aids! You are going to need them. I just did mine yesterday and it took about an hour, BUT I had both front wheels off and the truck was on a lift so the plugs were at eye level.... did 'em all through the wheel wells.

I had 2 6" extensions, a 3" extension, and a swivel..... and a pair of slipjoint pliers I used to grab the boots to get 'em off since my hands are to big to get a grip on them alone.

Good luck and enjoy the new found performance improvement.

Glad I could help. It sucked having the wrong wires, and having to send them back and wait for the right ones when I was anxious to get them installed. I didn't want that to happen to anyone else.