I bought an Edge

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Marano

Reaction score
So I broke down and bought a 08 Ford Edge. I like it better then my 06 Explorer, its a tad smaller but not too small. I like the body styling, with more curves. The huge sunroof and Ford sync are some nice added features. I got a Copper limited edition with the 18 inch wheels and tires....I am not a 20 inch tire type of guy, plus those low profile Perellis will only last 15k miles lol. I will post pics when I pick it up later tonight.

Congrats. We were looking at an Edge for my wife last spring. I was really impressed by it overall. It rode very nicely, and I liked the room, comfort, styling, and features (the Vista roof was great!). Allyssa ultimate chose a used 2008 Taurus. She had a car (Lincoln LS) before, and decided she wanted to stay in a car. Plus, the Taurus was about $6,000 less than the Edge. But if I were looking to get rid of the ST, I'd seriously consider an Edge or Escape.

Just curious, what kind of incentives/deals did you get with this Edge?

:wub::wub::wub:

The wife and I fell in love w/ the Edge's when we test drove them, but were a little out of our budget and as they are too new, there really wasn't any used ones. Our next vehicle most likely will be an Edge

Congrats !!!!

Todd Z

A lot of people are looking at the Edge. Its won a bunch of quality awards plus those that have them don't complain about any quality issues that I know of. Dealer tech even told me they don't see very many of them in the shop for warrenty work.

Can you do me a favor? Go take a look at the door sticker and tell me what the GVWR and the GAWR is listed at on your Edge. Thanks!

nice vehicle. Im not a huge fan of the grill on that thing, but you can find billet ones that make the Edge look amazing

Dan, I searched the window sticker and there is no weights on it...unless I overlooked but I will check again tomorrow when I get in the truck...

When we were looking for car for Suzy we finally narrowed it down to the FX35 and the Edge we wound up going with the FX but only because we got a great last minute Christmas deal from the Infinity dealer.

Latest posts