I am Back... (got a new computer)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Donaldson

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Back in feburary my stupid laptop got a crack in the motherboard (secound one I have done that to) and so I was un able to blog on one of my favorite forums. Well now I have a new computer and I am back online. Decieded to get something a little more portable and hopefully more durable.

The new computer: A Sony Vaio Ux-390n (ultra mobile computer)...

[Broken External Image]:

So far I really like it. It has a regular processor in it (not those intell atom garbage) and it runs a full copy of windows seven (areo graphics on) and can even play some games. And It dose come with a dock to plug in all your stuff and use it like a desktop.

[Broken External Image]:

Keep on trac'n :banana:

-Don D.

Nice computer Don. I'm in the same boat, somethings wrong with the motherboard on my laptop. It'll start but can't find the operating system. So I've been on here via my iPhone. :cry::supercool::eek:nline:

>Jerry...

You try booting off an install disk. check the boot order in the bios. to do this you need to hit one of the funcion keys when its first turned on. It depends on the manufacture but it is usually F1 or F12.

Make sure the Cd drive is before the hard disk on the boot order. It sounds to me that the hard drive is dead.

-Don D.

Yeah, my wife and my brother in law are both computer people (went to college for them) and work, build computers on the side for friends, family. Found out today that the motherboard may have had a recall on it and HP tried covering it up so I have yo do some research into that. If I can I'll have them replace it from the recall for free, if not I'll probably just build a really good desktop for half the price as a new laptop. Thanks for the help though. :grin::eek:nline::haveabeer:

Yes its basically a really small tablet pc... it gets about 3-4 hours on the regular battery... I have not gotten the larger battery yet.

Its smaller than a net book and falls in to a class called UMPC (ultra mobile portable computers) The advantage of this particular one is that it is the fastest UMPC to date.

Most net books use a intel Atom processor which belongs in a cell phone and has just enough power to run word and surf the web... This computer has a regular computer crammed in its tiny case... So you can use it like a normal computer. The bottom picture is of it on the dock which you can plug monitors and things into... The unit its self only has a few ports on it.

Latest posts