i am a dumb ass

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
well i had i a high idle. i cleaned the toddle boby and the iac senor. then put everything back together. then today the truck was running ruff. and wanting to cut off. it did cut off a couple of time i finally opened up the hood to find that the filter came off my intake. that was causing the problem. can yo say dumb ass. :banghead:

You wouldn't believe how many times I've left my radiator cap off. :cheeky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel too embarassed, I think we all have done something just as dumb and are probably too embarassed to admit it. :grin:

...Rich

Also, forgetting to remove the old oil filter gasket stuck to the engine block. Whatta mess!!!

that happens to all ........ me i was working on a ranger forgot a vacum line and i trouble shot this thing for 3 days and my son (he was 11) said .......

what does this hose do

too many hours at work on the project too long getting rushed or just life :smack:

I think anyone that has done their own work. Has at least 2 or more times in their life. Forgot to thighten or plug something in. I have for sure.

Sometimes it do make you feel like slaping yourself......:bwahaha:

My dumbest in the last 5 years. Forgot to tighten the rocker arms on 2cylinders. On a 5.0L. At first I was stumped, why it ran bad.:banghead:

I remember one idjit moment I had about twenty years ago. I was replacing the front brakes on my 84 Cavalier in my future father-in-law's driveway. I put it all back together, got in the car, and started backing out the driveway. NO brakes! I forgot to pump them up after I had finished! I ended up ripping off the right side mirror on his fence. By the time I got down the driveway to the street, I finally got them pumped up and got it stopped.

did a tune-up and oil/filter change on my king cobra last year. tune-up went great drained the oil and pulled the filter. replaced the plug added 4 quarts of fresh royal purple. other quart goes into the new filter. wife askes for help moving a piece of furniture. go back to the garage. bump the ignition a couple times. have some oil pressure. start car and find my oil pump works well and evacuates almost all 4 quarts on the floor. i look up to see the filter siting on the bench.

:banghead::cry:

Pulled a few fuses, trying to figure out why one of my rear dome lights was stuck on.. real head scratcher, too.

Then I found the switch. Hey, I don't ride in the back of my own truck very often!

Also, I have a habit of turning off the interior lighting switch which also happens to disable the top bar exterior lights. I had taken the vehicle to a local shop to have the tires balanced, and during the courtesy check they annotated "top bar light broken", so I showed them the switch hehe.