hurricane Earl

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Any of our members in the way of the storm?

If so be safe and check in if you can.

I went through Ike 2 years ago. NOt fun. 17 days no power......

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully I'm about 350 miles inland from the eye.

Hope everybody rides it out okay. Hurricane Hugo went right over me ............ bad juju!

[Broken External Image]:

I love that show!!

...wait, what are we talking about??

Just kidding, trying to keep it light - stay safe and best of luck.

I am in the path. Will be in gastoenterology class when it starts to hit and will be out of class in the midst of it.

Its 1330hrs right now and we still haven't seen much evidence of the storm. It looks on the map as if its down near Virginia and moving at about 22mph.Little bit of wind (15 to 25mph), the tide isn't up too much and a small amount of rain this AM. We'll just have to wait a bit more and see. Most of the boats in my neighborhood (lagoon) have come out and those right on the bayfront have brought thier boats into our lagoon and tied to our docks. Next update: later. BC

Just got a phone call informing me that my Guard unit is on "alert". Worse case scenario is that we'll be throwing sandbags on the Vineyard, but I seriously doubt I'll go anywhere. Typically the Army gets those jobs, not Air Force. Hopefully, this storms bark was bigger than its bite.

As Earl was approaching the East Coast yesterday, a Shipmate of mine in Virginia Beach posted this on his FB wall:

Everyone is talking about Earl.. Where are the Dixie Chicks when you need them?

:bwahaha:

I have a bro-in-law named Earl....next street south of me is Earl street,

and now a hurricane named Earl...coincidence....maybe, maybe not....:grin:

from eastern long isle just waves, rain and no wind yet.

this is kid stuff, not like the real ones down south and gulf

geeeez, the local news is dedicating their entire time to this thing. :sad:

update just in, new pics of the storm......

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Earl was nothing then a normally on and off rainy day for us here........ Glad !!!!!

Thanks

Todd Z

Latest posts