Hub Bearing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, pretty sure I've either got a bad ABS sensor or bad hub bearing. My understanding is even if its the sensor the whole assemply needs to be replaced...correct?

I see there are two through autozone. A timken for $160 and duralast for $109. Is it worth the extra $50 or has anyone had bad experience with the $109 one?

Since your 4x4 yes the whole assembly needs to be changed and is not that hard to do, Just a special socket and breaker bar or impact gun for the axle nut.....

I allways get the better parts, i got mine from Advance auto mailed to my house.....

Todd Z

I will only buy Timken hubs. RockAuto has great prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
After changing a whole hub, I managed, with little trouble, to get the anti-lock sensor out of the old housing. It had a bunch of tiny shards of metal stuck to it but not an alarming amount. I wonder if just cleaning this and reinstalling might be cost effective until the bearings actually go physically bad?

I actually brougth the truck into a shop that does free diagnoses. They concluded it was the front drivers side hub. They quoted $450 so I said no thanks and ordered the part of advanced auto parts. The hub was a MOOG for $137 and the 32mm socket was $14. I used a coupon code (VISA) for $50 off of $150. I was able to get the hub and socket for a grand total of $108 after tax. Pretty good deal I thought. Took about 2hrs to fix since I had trouble with the one bolt holding onto the hub itself. Otherwise, pretty straightforward.

Latest posts