How wide of wheels ????????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Byars

Reaction score
I have a 2010 4wd, V-8 Sport Trac: I have an opportunity to trade for a set of "new" American Racing chrome wheels, they are P.N. 676-8166, 18x10, 30 offset with 6 5/8 back side. I've looked up the size on "Rims an Tires" and they show that they will work with 265/50 tires.

Has anyone had any experience with using this wide of rim ?????

Will the wider tire be detrimental to fuel millage, ride, handling or anything else ????

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Your OEM wheels are 7" wide @ 44mm offset.. IMO you need more offset for 10" wide rims.

I dont have a gen2 trac. So I dont know fender and turning clearance. My guess is you may need -40 offset for a 10" wide rim. I do think the 10"/30mm will be too far under(towards the frame) and cause rubing and steering problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently shopping for 22" rims. My research shows me that a 9.5" rim with a 35mm offset is the best combination for me. This will place the outside edge of the tire directly under/inline with the fender well. I will most likely be putting 285/35-22 Toyo's on them. Oh, I found a guy that deals in wheels/tires at very low prices. Try looking up the link below and you should find his wesite. He's very helpful. Bob C.

Latest posts