How to start a small business

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave King 2

Reaction score
How to start a small business.

Obama was giving a talk at a college business class when a student ask him what was the best way to start a small business. He replied, just buy a large business and wait six months.

I suspect that the story is not true, unless it was intended to be a joke and the story was taken out of context.

It is variation of the same joke that has gone around for many years about Las Vegas:

"Want to know how to make one million dollars gambling in Las Vegas, Start with two million dollars."

...Rich

Most sensible folks would take that as a joke...IMO!

'07 ST:driving:

Ich habe ein Geschft vor ungefhr 30 Jahren angefangen. Ich habe Fahrzeuge fr Polizeigebrauch verwandelt. Dinge sind gut gegangen, bis angefangene Installationsprogramme zu werden belangt, weil die Ausrstungen Airbags gerissen haben, und die Offizier wurden verletzt. Das ist, whrend ich davon ausgestiegen bin.

I will have to get my ex to tranlate

I said that 30 years ago, I started a company to convert vehicles for police use. Things went well until equipment installers started getting sued by departments and individual officers after crashes in which the airbags tore after getting caught on the add-on equipment during deployment. That's when I got out of the business.

Hell... Installers were getting sued for lots of stuff like radar units and dash lights that broke loose and wacked cops in the heads. The spotlight company (Unity Manufacturing) was getting sued because officers were smacking into the control handles during crashes. Setina, who makes partitions for between the front and back seats, was getting sued by prisoners who would smack into them during crashes and sudden stops.

Turns out, most of the time, the cops and prisoners weren't belted in. Apparently, cops are a paranoid bunch. Many of them refuse to wear seatbelts because they think it hinders their mobility and (get this) endangers their lives.