How to disable door locking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise Hayes 2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the door locks on the 07 when the keys are in the ignition? My dog rides alot with me on errands, and I would like to be able to leave the vehicle running for a/c purposes, but the doors will not stay locked. This is a nice feature, but I want leave my dog in the vehicle with the doors unlocked.

there is a way to do it and I don't know right off hand but I do believe that it is in the most unread book on the planet....the owners manual

Yes, I think it's in the manual. It's an odd series of turning it on and off and other things. I have all the auto locks, seat belts chimes, etc, turned off.

Did ck the manual, did a process, but it didn't work, it just affected the effect of hitting the the button to unlock the front doors, now it unlocks all 4 doors instead of just the front

My 07 is fixed where I can leave it running with AC on for the dogs and lock the doors

from key pad. When I unlock only drives door will be activated.

there are instructions in the manual regarding what the door locks will do and the different options, and which door will unlock/lock when, etc., it takes a couple tries to get it done,

if you have a keyless entry pad, hit both bottom two buttons at the same time to lock the doors, then enter the key pad code to unlock. That's what I do when my dog is riding.

or you could teach her to lock and unlock the doors herself from the inside.:lol:

Latest posts