How NOT to trailer a car

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
probably was towing a little too fast. I've had a car trailer start to fish tail once on me and it was a scary ride until I got it back under control by going no more than 55

Yeah, That sucks..... Well he will learn from next time...... Foot off gas,,,, coast slower.....and learn how to tow, and load a trailer....

Todd Z

This is the reason my trailer brake controller is mounted within reach. Manually actuate the trailer brakes but not the trucks in this situation. And as always, load front heavy!

Brandon has the word of wisdom.Brake the trailer and it'll straighten right up. :supercool:Also, tongue weight is your friend!:haveabeer:

Ahhhhh, bad memories from the past.

Before UHaul got harcore about not renting to the Tracs I had their small trailer and was taking a load of stuff from Tampa to Charleston. I-75 most of the way. In a hurry and mind elsewhere I didn't supervise the packing as well as I should have and the load was back heavy. :banghead:

First couple of times a semi passed me the swaying was freaking scary. Did learn to watch what was coming up behind me and slow down so that I could speed up while they were passing and keep most of the control. It was the most horrible 5+ hours of my life.

Never made that mistake again.

Latest posts