How much do you think...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Roger. Probably at least $5K worth of work, if not more. Offer them $10K and see what happens.

Perhaps one of our PA members lives close enough to drive by a take a look at it.

TJR? According to your profile, you're only about 25 miles from the seller in this ad.

I am going it is well over 10K to fix.......

Todd Z

I think it will definetly be more then 5K, it took that much to fix my 04, considering, the damage was less and half the parts were gotten from the junk yard. But these parts will have to be bought from the dealer. I think you are looking at about $8,500-$9,000 to fix.

See, the problem is they took the broken parts off, so you will be missing all the little pieces and screws/bolts. That is a really big pain in the butt.

If you want to find out what kind of an offer to make, find the value of a regular titled STA with that kind of mileage, then divide that by half. And ideally, that should be the total that the car will come out too (with the cost of repairs). So do the math.;)

Well over 10K, probably close to 12K. The body needs a lot of work plus a frame. I'm willing to bet the motor was effected in some way. Walk away this is a parts only purchase.

RUN!!! Once it has a salvage title, (in SC) it will never get you any good money. I know, I have a Honda with a salvage title and it is not worth crap. I was offered $500 for it. And it is absolutely cherry from 1 end to the other. Heck, the wheels, hood and interior are worth more than the whole car. OK OK it's a Honda................

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, you guys really hate salvage titles. Im shocked, salvage titled vehicles are great deals, if you know what you are buying and doing. It dont matter the value if you are going to drive that vehicle for a really long time. And looking at that STA, which is almost brand new, yes its a salvage title, yes it needs a lot of parts, but the damage is not that serious. I seriously doubt there is frame damage or engine damage. For one, when there is frame damage, the gap's between the doors, fenders, and bed are messed up. But by looking at the picture, the gaps seem fine.

In my opinion, this is a great oppurtunity for someone who is looking for a new STA to get it cheaper.

Not too far from me. I'm not down that neck of the woods that often, but I'd consider checking it out. Probably won't see much more than the pics are showing already. Seems mostly like panel/grill damage.

TJR

LaRue, I thought you said before that it had a bad motor.............

re: Car titles, question by LaRue the Key GuyMember Profile2 Member Projects,8/9/2009 13:01 ET[

I'm just selling the shell, it has NO motor or tranny. But is in excellent shape. I just want it out of my yard. Rue blew up the motor 2.5 years ago, and has been "fixing" it ever since... yea right..

George, there are those that know and there are those that think they know.............. we know.:D

Mine is finished now and there's been 2 people offer me so much for it I may sell it and fix another. But............I like it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a link to the original window sticker if you want to see how it was optioned from the factory.

I am going it is well over 10K to fix.......

I agree. Especially that the hitch is integrated into the frame, the hit looks solid so my guess there's lots of frame damage.

It's not gonna be cheap.

Salvage title = poor investment. You think it's a great deal now but when you go to sell it...it's depreciated even more and people steer clear of salvage titles...you're significantly lowering your buyer pool.

I wouldn't consider it at all.

Latest posts