how many miles do you get off of your tank?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
320-330 in my 01 job2 on the highway. (I actually get about 17-19 mpg avg 75mph), but try to keep it off of "E". I did run low this last trip to VA from FL, sat in traffic for 2 hours while they had 95 shut down in NC for a gas tanker that ran off the road; ended up putting 19.7 gallons in for about 330 miles -- had a lot of idle time.

My fuel light is usually coming on between 280-300 on my 02. That's all in town heavy traffic driving. Easily go to 350 on the highway.

As of yet, I have no performance mods yet and I usually stay between 2000 & 2500 rpm. My 05 gets ~425 miles on a 22 gal tank. That's refilling within ~10/20 mi after the low light chimes in. Most of my miles are at highway 65-70 mph. If all highway 70 - 85 mph, I can approach ~450 mi before filing. Does a lot better @ 70 - 85 mph.

Haven't had an all city drive on a tank yet, so I don't know what it would be.

Not too bad for a "truck" if you ask me.

and have gotten 400 miles on highway with 200,000 miles on the trac

I didn't know anyone had reached 200,000 on their Trac yet.

Oh, and about 420 miles once. I rarely let it get that low before filling up.

2005 4X2

Running it almost completely dry...I have gotten as much as 450 a time or two. But usually it is more like 380 running it completely dry.

2007 4x4 V8 Limited - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

300 miles in winter (cold!)

330 up to 400 miles in summer

200 miles towing 4000 pound 27' travel trailer. Less than 10 mpg at 60-65mph, lots of hills.

Wow. Im getting jacked even worse than anyone I think.

Even when im NOT racing around town on the performance tune I get 220miles/tank.

270 Miles = 434 KM

375 Miles = 603 KM

My ST = 330-350KM

I know everyone once in a while I can get 400KM but this is like once every 6 months.

If I'm not mistaken, the later Sport Trac's have a larger fuel tank

Wow. Im getting jacked even worse than anyone I think.

The 01 models came with a smaller tank. Therefore it is not a good idea to compare "how many miles on a tank" you should compare mpg, a much better way to determine you gas usage.

2002 4x4 4.10

summer: 320-400

winter: 270-320

winter in 4x4: 210-240

Winter gas here sucks royally. You can look at me MPG log. I've logged almost every single fillup for the past ~2 years and it's clearly evident when winter gas kicks in and when it ends.

As previously mentioned, it's pointless to compare miles per tank when there are so many different varialbes, not to mention the different sized gas tanks in the Sport Trac.

You need to take accurate readings of gas consumed and miles driven. You cannot do that accurately on one single tank of gas unless you fill it to the brim where you can see it in the filler pipe, drive all you can and fill it back up to the exact same level as you started. Now you know exactly how much gas you used. divide the miles driven by the gas consumed and you have your average MPG for that tank of gas.

Any other way of measuring fuel mileage that relies on the gas gauge is just a wild guess.

If you had a trip computer that gave an instantaneous MPG readout you would see that your vehicle will produce MPG readings from Sero (0) to probably as high as 35-40 MPG, depending upon if you are idling (=0 MPG) to coasting down hill with no accessories on (=35-40 MPG). If you can find a destination that is down hill both ways, you could get over 30 MPG in your Sport Trac under ideal conditions.

If you use E85 or gasoline that contains alcohol, you will get a little less mileage than you would if you used pure gasoline. Much of the lower 87 octane gas contains as much as 10% alcohol to raise the octane level to 87. Much of the higher octane gas uses other non-alcohol based additives to increase the octane level. That is probably why some people who use higher octane gas claim they get better mileage over the 87 octane.

Then you can get into such variables as weather, terraine, traffic, weight of the vehicle and cargo, tire inflation, engine tune, temperature, summer vs winter fuel blends, etc It could mean that you will get less mileage during some parts of the year.

...Rich

317 miles posted today on 18 gallons of gas. That was mixed mileage and it would have been better but I've had to get in a hurry a few times on this tank. I usually average between 18-19 mpg. All highway and I break 20 mpg easily. 2001 job 2, all stock.

Latest posts