how many miles do you get off of your tank?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm calling Jeff's bluff!! There is no freeking way you get 500 miles to a tank, unless you installed some 40 gallon tank or somthing. I have tried everything ever mentioned on this website to increase fuel economy. To this day, the best tank I have ever had was 302 miles, and that was with the warning light on for who knows how long. If people are seriously getting that kind of miles to a tank, I am driving my trac through Bill Ford's front window tomorrow! Cuz I got a lemon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunerunner,

Jeff gave his range between 350 and 500 miles per tank. Running bone dry that's between 15.9 and 22.7mpg. That's not totally unrealistic with the right mods and an EXTREMELY heavy foot on the highways.

P.S. I say "extremely heavy foot" because by all reports the ST gets its best gas mileage when going a constant speed between 75 and 80mph.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunerunner, you can call my bluff. Hand over your chips.

With nearly every available performance mod, a lean tune, and a light foot, I made it almost all the way to the national meet on one tank. I had one tank where I broke 500, kept the rpms low, and all the driving was interstate. TJR calculated 22.7 mpg but I've calculated as high as 27mpg before, and several members have done the same with their scan tools. When filling up, I always use the same pump at the same station (#1 Shell intersection of Gay St. and Glenn).

all i must say, those who are getting the good mileage. it prolly wont last long. when i first got my truck for like the first 30k miles. i could get 430 mpt easy. and now, no where near it. i am curious on how to get close to that mileage back, but i guess, ill spend some money on performance stuff and see if it helps. if not, then my 4 banger ranger will do justice.

Latest posts