How many gal. left after "low fuel" light comes on?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy Masters

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew how many gallons are in the tank after the low fuel light comes on? I would just like to get some kind of idea about how much further I can go until I have to refuel, not really trying to find out the hard way! Thanks - Tommy

If I recall reading here, about 2 gallons when the ST is level.

I don't trust the fuel guage and always keep above 1/4 tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2001 Ford Ranger pickup. Although the gauge doesn't work for the most part (I keep an eye on the miles to know about how much gas I have) when the light comes on there is about a quarter tank left.

about 2......but on my driveway its about 7 gallons...LOL

Todd Z

There is usually just enough gas to take you as far as possible from the nearest gas station before you run out of gas....:bwahaha:

Seriously, if varies from vehicle to vehicle, but it's about 2-2.5 gallons on most Sport Trac's but the gauge and level in the tank fluctuates depending upon if you are going uphill or downhill.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
On my 02 there would be less than 1 gallon left when light came on yet on my 08 there is almost 4 gallons left when the light comes on.

Latest posts