how hard to replace the radiator?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILL E

Reaction score
I think mine is leaking. I am a skilled shade tree mechanic but mostly on cars from last century. How hard is it to swap the radiator? Any special tools for the connectors or anything?

Gen 1 is pretty easy. Can't speak for a gen 2.

Last year a/c condenser sprung a leak. Bought a new one on ebay for around $50. Had to remove radiator to get to condenser. It wasno big deal...

One thing I did was to use a multi-tool to trim the radiator shroud to make it easier to remove.

However, you are gen 2 and i don't know how much applies to your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its actually a bit involved. you need special tools to release the trans cooling lines and on my 2010 the special slot was not there ( defect) I would up cutting the fitting only enough to split it off and replace it.

It was about a 2 hour job turned into 4.

Todd Z

Gen 1 takes about 30 min. Takes longer to put the old one back in the stupid box. I have replaced it three times now, most recently last friday. The Murray ones last about 2 years. Pay for the lifetime. You'll need it.

Gen 2 you have to pull the condenser. Sucks. Glad it was done under extended warranty on my Gen 2 V8 at about 80k miles.

Latest posts