how far is your commute ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
after another crappy ride to/from work, i am curious as to how far people commute and how long it takes.

me 39.9 miles each way. usually takes about an hour and 15 mins on average. the othey day 2 hours one way !

i know many people go much further, but i am getting tired of it at times since our office moved anothe 16 miles further.

LIE eastbound friday afternoon. will only get worse after memorial day.

[Broken External Image]:

BTW: i counted 28 prius the other day in the HOV (high occupancy vehicles) lane one way. the prius & honda insight are allowed in the HOV lane with a single occupant.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 flight of stairs.. my bed to my living room office. :kiss_it:

If I had to drive to my primary client it would be 2755 miles though :eek:nline:

Wow, that's some well-behaved traffic. Look at all the spacing between cars. That's drivers'-ed like following distance!

Here, in the Bmore + DC area, when traffic is bad (more often than not), the cars are tailgating so fiercely that you couldn't get a piece of paper between the bumpers.

BTW: i counted 28 prius the other day in the HOV (high occupancy vehicles) lane one way. the prius & honda insight are allowed in the HOV lane with a single occupant.

That's BS. A hybrid will burn less gas in stop & go traffic than a conventional car, right? If we're going to spit on what the HOV lane is supposed to stand for, it'd make more sense for the biggest, most gas-guzzling cars to be in it with only one occupant, no?

(Though around here, HOV lanes have limited usefulness. They're on the far left of major interstates, they end randomly & inconveniently, and then you're forced to merge into hostile oncoming traffic. If traffic in the normal lanes is backed up, the only thing the HOV will do is get you further up the backup...and no one will want to let you into their lane when yours ends because of this.)

EDIT: On topic, my commute is 5 miles each way 3 days a week, and 30 miles each way 2 days a week. Sometimes additional miles are required, but they're tax deductible (Or at least, they have been deducted ;)

Was almost exactly the same as yours before I moved in December, about 37 miles - 1hr - 1.25 hrs.

Now, less than 5 miles. About 8 minutes one way.

About 25 feet. from the bedroom to the office/bedroom. Where I screw around a lot on my computers. Been retired for about 3 years and only do some occasional consulting.

:banana:

I retired at the end of July, but here in Waco, we don't have a Rush Hour, we have maybe a Rush 15 Minutes...:grin:

When I did work, my office was about 15 miles away and even on a bad day only took about 20 minutes. Speed limits all along the way are 55-60 MPH, no school zones, only about 3 traffic lights and it's possible to make all 3 lights, no freeways, and traffic moves smoothly.

Certainly glad I don't live/work in Dallas or Austin...What a nightmare.:cry:

...Rich

Well it only takes about 20 minutes unless I go to school then it is an hour one way. Sure it's not as bad as some but bad enough.

Two miles walk. In the rain, cold, and heat (don't go during lightening storms). Every Day. No days off.

Only job walk the dawg every morning.

Most days, one flight of stairs. Or, if going to the office it is one flight of 667 miles by plane (Philly to Atlanta). I also travel by air to many customers and partners, throughout the world.

TJR

My ride is here in MD, from Frederick to Rockville. It is about a 30mile ride one-way and takes any where between 30-45mins, depending on traffic. Coming home, I always drive in the HOV lane, just because I get off of work at 3:20pm and the HOV lane doesn't start until 3:30pm.

While at work, I deliver liquor, wine and beer. While in the box truck, I drive about 200-250 miles per day, Mon - Fri.

My ride is here in MD, from Frederick to Rockville. It is about a 30mile ride one-way and takes any where between 30-45mins, depending on traffic.

I-270. Gotta love it.

Being closer to it, you wouldn't have tried out the tiny part of the ICC that is open yet? I haven't had an excuse to try it yet (and I don't have an ezpass, so I guess that's the real reason)

Since I went into disabled retirement. Takes me about 30 seconds from the bed to the kitchen coffee pot. About 90 seconds if I have to stop and pee..:bwahaha:

Gary S. picture brings back bad memories of my Port Jeff to Massapequa work commute using the LIE for a good portion each way.

Commute/traffic was one of about 10 reasons I left NY and rarely return anymore.

My current commute is 12 miles/25 minutes driving the "back" roads.