HOW DO YOU GET TIRE PROTECTANT OFF OF A TIRE?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryandPam Wallace

Reaction score
I just bought a set of used tires that are in excellant condition with alot of tread. They have numerous coats of some type of tire protectant put on them making them feel greasy to the touch. When you touch them you come away with black fingers and hands. They feel sticky to the touch.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the protectant. I have tried Simple Green with no effect. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,

Terry

Try some bleach white. It is in a white spray bottle. When lean my white letters with it, it seems to melt off dirt/grime pretty easily. Use a veggie brush or the like and rinse them with a stream of water. Repeat if necessary.

Leave them out in the weather for a week.....

Todd Z

Go for a drive down some gravel roads, that should clean them up.

why would you wan't to remove it ?

sorry, my o.c.d. kicked in :eek:

:eek:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a "Black Magic" product that is on the tires (it coats the tire to make it shine). I have used it before and it sucks to get off. I used a hard bristle brush, "Purple Power", and a pressure washer to get mine off.;)

Come to visit us in Houston where it's been raining every god*@&% day and it will come off pretty quick. :)

I used Dawn and a stiff brush. My detailer uses a highly wet tire shine, but it throws off onto the body at high speeds. So, I usually let him apply it, I let it dry over night, and then I wash off the excess.

By far, the best, non-throwing off solution is Zaino's. I cannot wait until I get back home and can redo the ride myself. :)