Hot Rod cams

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Luke

Reaction score
Getting some hot rod cams installed today, hoping this will give my Adrenaline some more throttle response and GRUNT!:banana:

Fender vents weren't that difficult. Just carefully pry the vent housing from the fender - I used a plastic spackling tool, wide flat and very thin. Once its separated, you can pop the black plastic backing off and replace it with some mesh grill or something similar. Mounting the mesh may have been the hardest part. I cut it so the mesh would slide over the existing mounting tabs nice and snug.

There are a few pieces of thick tape covering pre-drilled holes once you look inside the fender. If you remove the tape you'll find out that there is yet another "inner" fender that still prevents the vents from actually functioning. A hole saw from the inside of the engine bay fixes that. Voila!

The hot rod cams are by Ford Racing? How much are you paying for them?

oh ok that doesnt seem that difficult at all, thanks

Yeah ford racing, with exhange and shipping i paid close to 1000 bucks, it's installed but the motor is running rough, so the tune may not be right, waiting on a new tune,bc the tune wasnt done for my Zabtek throttle body, but the tuner said that shouldnt matter, so I'm gonna try to install the stock throttle body and see how it runs, and wait for a new tune from BBR, hopefully this fixes it, or im out a truck for the weekend!

Reaper,

You can get cams, heads, & other go-fast goodies for the 4.0L V6 from SuperSixMotorsports.com

Everything worked out, had some issues with the tune, so got a tune from torrie, but then the chk engine light comes on, saying misfire on cylinder #1, but thats due to the cams shaking so much, the truck shakes more in idle so bumped up the RPM in gear to 950 to minimize it, going to have to dyno tune it, so I can fine tune the truck, overall the acceleration is better and top end is better too, just have to get use to the truck shaking!!

Latest posts