horn when turning left EMBARRASSING

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat jones

Reaction score
I just went to pep boys to get the truxxx struts put on and in the process got my rack and pinnion replaced and got my engine oil gasket replaced. After they were all finished the guy took it for a test drive to see if everything was ok but there was a problem. Every single time i turn all the way the left the horn goes of. They guy there said it was something in the steering column but i didnt have time to take it back. How can i fix this or do i need to take it back

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously something is grounding out in the steering column clock spring. However, I wonder if they forgot to center the steering wheel and/or turned the wheel while it was not hooked up to the rack. Perhaps the clock spring is getting wound too tight (or unwound) now?

Gonna take another service call to get it fixed. Hopefully you can find someone who knows what they are doing...

Someone else wiill comment here with more/better info.

After they were all finished the guy took it for a test drive to see if everything was ok but there was a problem.

What's really embarrassing is Pep Boy's released your truck aware of their botched work. IMO, most chain store "techs" are only slightly more capable

and qualified than backyard mechanics, ASE certified or not. Take it back and see if they will compensate you for your wasted gas and time. Inexcusable.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's really embarrassing is Pep Boy's released your truck aware of their botched work

I dont care about the price @ pep-boys. I will never use there shop again. When I bought my tires. They clamped the wheels face down on the machine. Scratched the crap out of them. They claimed it was the only way to pull and install the tires. I got $700 from them.

Discount tire didnt' have any problem, doing it the right way. Despite they are 18x8.5. When the tire is off you can see inside rim design is for rim face dismount.

Plusthey were going to lift my trac. With the rocker panels. DUMBBBBB!!!!

What's really embarrassing is Pep Boy's released your truck aware of their botched work

I dont care about the price @ pep-boys. I will never use there shop again. When I bought my tires. They clamped the wheels face down on the machine. Scratched the crap out of them. They claimed it was the only way to pull and install the tires. I got $700 from them.

Discount tire didnt' have any problem, doing it the right way. Despite they are 18x8.5. When the tire is off you can see inside rim design is for rim face dismount.

Plusthey were going to lift my trac. With the rocker panels. DUMBBBBB!!!!

Latest posts