"Hood Won't Open" appology

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Lynas

Reaction score
For those that responded, I am sorry but I had just been released from the hospital. I was trying to open the hood using the emergency brake release. Funny now but I was panicking. :smile0002:

I just wanted to hear it run after two weeks....I barely have the strength to open it but nice to hear that hood open sound. :banana:

Please remember the left pedal stops, right doesn't. :smile0007:

Kidding aside. Best wishes, and a fast recovery, bro. Aloha.

I was trying to open the hood using the emergency brake release. Funny now but I was panicking.

I have done that before. Pisses me off. I finally got it through my thick skull.

Tom

Me too get well soon!

God bless Ed

Had a friend park a manual truck on my driveway, Not left in gear, opens hood, Pulls brake, rolls down driveway and crunches the open door on another car....

That sucked...

Todd Z

Things happen like this. Hope you get well soon!

Seems like a good time to relate some of our own blunders for your laughing pleasure..

1) I tried to get into my ST for several minutes when I realized I had the keys to my Daughters Taurus. The remote fob wouldnt work, key wouldnt work, I was beside myself trying to figure out what happened until I saw that they fob had a "trunk release" button.!!

2) Several years ago, the wife and I had an 89 Tempo, dark blue. She worked the late shift at the long term care center she was at, and when she came out of work she couldnt get in the car. Tried and tried, but no luck. Key would not turn. At the time her Sister in law also worked there, so when her brother picked up her sister in law, he also tried to get into the car, but no go. Called Security who came by and used a slim jim to get into the car, and when she sat down inside, THEN she realized it was the wrong car! Turns out, it was the same year, and same color as ours! Her car was actually 2 rows over. Left a note on the car and security guy took the information, locked the car back up and she got in her car and went home. (We were going to pay for any damage if needed) As it turned out, the Guy that owned the car was also an employee and got a good laugh out of it. (no harm done)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilarious stories Dave,

I used to own a '91 2.3L 2WD Ranger. It was a decent little truck, but something was rotting out from under it every other week. I spent a lot of time at the garage getting things replaced.

So one day I was real low on gas and kept running the truck thinking "I'll fill up next time I'm out." Well the "next time" never came. The fuel pump went while it was sitting on the road infront of my house. I guess it was a bit of a shock to its system...

I went to pull the hood release, as I wasn't sure it was the fuel pump right away and the damn thing came off right in my hand and the cable was still coming out the more I pulled. Apparently the stupid cable snapped at about the halfway mark. I think it rusted through.

Long story short, after acquiring 3 parking tickets (garage not open on the weekends, and too steep of a driveway to push a truck up) I got a tow to my garage and they set up a hood release mechanism that stuck out the front grill of the truck and was a complete eye sore.

My mechanic was laughing the whole time he was setting this system up: He took a golf ball he had lying around the shop and drilled a hole through it. He fed part of the cable through the golf ball and secured it so that the ball would not be pulled off. He had my complete permission for the project, but it was definitely a good story to add to the list of occurances on that Danger Ranger.

Reminds me of a time when my dad and I had a gas station. There was a lady that worked at the bank that Dad went to pick up her car to wash and change the oil in it. He got her keys, went and got in the car, and brought it back. A short while later, the police showed up saying they had a report of a stolen car! One of her co-workers had an identical car and her key fit! Now, the other lady's key wouldn't work in the original car. Once everything got straightened out, we comped both ladies a wash and oil change. Dad was so embarrassed! We got a kick out of it later. No charges were filed, which was good!

Another strange key story. When I was a teen. We had a '56 ford. A neihbors son-inlaw had a '55 ford. Our keys were interchangable. But just the oposite. Ignition to trunk and trunk to ignition.

was at a car show last summer, stangs, 6 roushii is our class.

Bud had what looked like a tread separation on a front tire, set about changing it, could not find his lug lock key.

Turns out mine fit, changed the tire, all is well.

So just for grins I checked the other 5 cars, my key fit them all, and there keys fit mine,Go figure.

Latest posts