Honda Odesy, thrashed me

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Sitting at a light in the middle lane on freeway frontage road. Honda mini van left lane. He was edgeing the light. So we dumped throttles on green. Stayed side by side till 45mph. Then he passed me. I stayed at WOT till 80mph, then backed off. No chance of catching him.

One reason I did this with him. I wanted to see if my niehbors son-inlaw was full of it. He has a honda odesy. On his drivers door. He has little black decals of cars, trucks and suv's. He told me they are the vehicles he has beat. I thought he was full of it. I guess not. He has about 12 decals.

Im running, zabteck tb, k&n conical with home made heat deflector, SD coil with jacobs wires, magna-flow cat back, rt y-pipe, tps adjusted to .998vdc, sct xcall3 with 93octane performance tune including trans shift point mods.

I may go back to stock. I might have some stuff for sale. That really sucked, a mini van. If the ridgeline has the same V6 as the odesy. It will most likely out run me also.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son has a HONDA S 2000 and that little 4 banger screams...especially above 6 grand! I still like American but the japanaes make some screaming little engines. Wait till they get into NASCAR...

They already are, starts with TOY.

I could have told you that was gonna happen.

y? i have beaten mustangs, civics, bmw, ram, tc... alot of others...

i rarely loose a race, the last race i lost was a mazda 6 and that was right before my engine went... go figure, unfortunately i wasnt able to race again since my buddy totaled this car about 3weeks later...

i did beat his ranger tho lol

but yea, id check your tune and see if it can be tweaked, i have no problems beating people off the line or down the stretch...

Th Odesy factory is 16.5 2010 and 16.7 for the 2011....

The ST Stock is 17 second, and modded about 16.2

So I would say the HP factor, the weight and other things hurt you...

I now with the tires and 4:56 gears my 03 is enough to run with most of the cars and things around here....

Element of surprise, and driving all help..

a Modded ST WILL NEVER be Fast...... But its fun to mod and enjoy doing it !!

Todd Z

Not-so-fast-Eddie? j/k. My other vehicle is an Ody and I too (even though I don't condone street racing) have smoked me a few cars/trucks here and there. It was because of the looks given to me with the associated smirks and revving of engines. My wife loves it, too. She smoked a Grand Caravan.....in reverse.

What really hurts the ST is the lack of any real horsepower unless you have a Gen II V8 and then it's the engine/trans tune that is killing you.

:supercool:
She smoked a Grand Caravan.....in reverse.

Still the best car in reverse has to be the Police Interceptors. I had to do a two day driving skills course when I was doing law enforcement training. Our car got up to a little over 40mph in reverse (and maintained a straight line to boot), I swear it had a second gear in reverse if you punched it. That was a fun two days!

"I now with the tires and 4:56 gears my 03 is enough to run with most of the cars and things around here...."

i know of a 4runner waiting and then a 2010 scion xb :bwahaha:

reaper, just think what you can do with that juke :grin:

where is caymen?????

the juke im going to try and modify the turbo and definately get it programmed...

i dont think ill do too much, intercooler setup and like i said turbo.. setup with programmer, then just some nice wheels and tires...

reaper,

agree, no need for much to do with the juke. i like the stock wheels on the upgraded model.

:back2topic:

most vehicles today are running mid 15's - 16's with perf cars in the 12/13's so don't be surprised when you get beat by something you don't expect. just better technology today.

Not surprising.

The 07 Odyssey comes with a 3.5l 244hp engine. My 02 is 4.0l and 210 hp.

Did not check the weight but I am confident the Honda is lighter....

gary

yea, ive been beat a few times, but never by a minivan lol

anyway, hopefully all will go right this year and i can get my juke

cant decide on a color tho lol

red, blue or white... think ima go with the blue since ive scene a red one in town

reap,

a local dealer has about 6 in diff colours/trims.

imo, a tough choice. red,blue, white my order.

for today :grin:

Latest posts