HOLY CRAP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Boian

Reaction score
So there was this guy with a 97 Ford F250 with a 351 intaked exhausted and throttle bodied. And so he was taunting me in my stock trac and so i decided i was gonna race him for shits and giggels so we did and i beat him by 2 and a half car lengths HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. so i thought yall should know this but the real reson im postin this was because i decided to run 120 octane racing fuel in my trac with nothing done to it and from a dead stop it WHITE Smoked them with no brakes AT ALL!!!!!!! very smart decision but any ways yeah have fun guys:D:D:D:D

I hope you weren't running stock suspension; i.e. shocks and EE anti-sway bar at least. I wonder what gear ratio the F-250 was running, and don't forget about the power to weight ratio. I wonder what a moderately (intake, exhaust, throttle body, e-fan, etc.) modified ST would do running 120 octane programmed with the XCal2? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
You do know that running higher octane does absolutely nothing for performance on a stock, computer controlled FI vehicle? Seriously. An octane rating (in general) only tells how much resistance the fuel/air mixture has to self detonation whilst under compression....

People and their silly ideas of performance crack me up.

Higher octane gas burns slower and requires a lot of spark advance, You can hurt performance running a higher octane fuel in some cases..

Todd Z

IDK guys my stock track will run em and i just put k/n intake and chip on there today i got an xcal and a k/n for 80 but idk what geer ratio but DERN boys watch er run im tellin ya. And i payed 10 dollars a gallon. Well you can go to a buddy who pulls or races and they should be able to help you out rather well if you havent pissed em off. but its worth it now that i got my chip im IMPRESSED it will never come off of my trac:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is Brandon sounding alot (actually typing) like someone else that used to get bashed on here every time he posted? I can't remember his name, so someone helpme out here. (no insult intended Brandon, I got the just of your last post here, but it's a little choppy, had to read it a coupld times to understand what was all there);)

Looks like another guy that bough one of the "fast" sport tracs that the dealer would get without notice and sell as a regular/normal trac. Wow. Consider yourself fortunate Brandon, there aren't too many of those "fast" tracs around.

Sorry guys. Im not meaning to sound cocky. Im not very good at english and grammar and things. And i know my Sport trac isnt fast I like to believe it is tho. Spite what you may think im not a complete dumbass like most people. And all this post was about was that with a higher octane Thats you could tell some what of a performance increase, And now especially that i have a chip and an intake, That it made things some what better

Higher octane only prevents detonation.

But...will a computer-controlled vehicle "read" the higher octane and adjust the timing to give more performance?

Brandon, like I said, I mean no offence to you. I just want you to be aware that there WAS a person who would post in about the same mannor as you did and would literally get hammered for it. I was trying to give you a heads up. If I offended you, I appologise. I didn't mean it that way. If I were you though, I'd just get a 93 octane performance program on the X-Cal and save the money you would be spending extra on the 120 octane racing fuel. The performence gain from the X-Cal setting I hear is the bomb.;)

Not really, Mookie. There are knock sensors that will adjust the timing to prevent detonation, but as long as these senors aren't throwing up any red flags, the computer will just adjust the timing and mixture based on the incoming air temp and O2 sensor readings.

Was it increased performance, or "increased performance"? Did you justify the $10/gallon gas by wanting to believe that it made a difference? Or did you just drive differently with it in, and then think the gas was the reason? All I'm saying is this, people often come through here making claims of great performance, but have nothing but a 'race' and 'seat of the pants' driving as proof. More often then not, these 'races' are against vehicles that are equally as pathetic a performer as the ST.

If you want to think it made a difference, more power to ya. Just know that in reality, it didn't make a difference. Now, with, what I can only assume is a new filter and flasher, you will have a small amount of increased performance. Emphasis on small.

I need to get mine dyno'd and trac timed. I have one of those stock fast tracs, but I need to hit the gas pedal just right. I think I could pull the 1/4 mile in about 13-15 seconds.

Of course that fast is off from a stop with just me and my girl sitting in it, then when we hit about 70 - 80 the fast drifts off, the other guy burns past me, and I max out at about 95MPH... I could push 110 going downhill, but then the vibration and shaking makes me nervous and I back off the pedal cuz I don wanna break my trac.

I love my trac too much to put it through a turbo and all that. I'm keeping mine for the long term, and it's more sensible to buy a speed worthy 2008 Dodge Challenger to try and crank 800HP out of, after adding some I beams to the body, or just going for my true love, an old Camaro or Mustang.

ST speed secrets:

120 octane in ST, smokes a faster truck.

slap on stickers, crush a Viper.

tape on a fake hood scoop, run 9's in the quarter.

Gotta hand it to Brandon, he didn't do either of the ricer additions!!

Latest posts