Hid warning harness

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just ordered a Hid kit from RETRO-SOLUTIONS LLC and was wondering where and what type of error warning harness do I need to get for the kit?Thanks in advance for all the help.

The kit comes complete with everything you need. Henry, NO mods to the headlight assembly. All you're doing is taking a bulb out, and putting another in. Allthough tolerable and not being able to do anything about it is, when I turn on the headlights the little screen in the gauge pod tells me to "check right/left headlight". I just hit reset. Haven't been able to find anything to stop it. RetroSolutions told me its because of the lower wattage the bulbs run at, trips the warning(like a bulb is burned out) I use thier HID lights for all my vehicles/bikes. Love 'em. Bob :banana:

I saw some real nice narrow led running lights. They would fill in the gap btween the bumper and the headlight bucket perfect.

the problem is they are blue. In texas blue is reserved for emergency vehicles. Im still wondering how some guys get away, running blue headlights. They blind you in high mount headlights, even on dim.

Ok, I had seen where someone on this site installed some projector type headlamp and it looked pretty good.

I have HIDs installed in mine, to get rid of the warning error, I installed 6ohm 50Watt resistors to both sides and both high and low beams, to simulate the bulb load. No more warning to check bulbs! Got them off ebay, they have heatsinks on them to keep cool.