Here's what's up next to be rammed down our throats!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be done Voluntarily, not forced.

Every business of significant size I'm ever in these days has a "lactation room" or something similar.

I've never seen a Lactation room?!!?

I'm gonna call BS on this one Bill V.

You must do alot of work with unweb mothers...

Does Wal-mart have lactation rooms? how about Home Depot? Lowes? any government offices? Where have you seen these many rooms?

There are other things in this pile of crap bill, have you even read any of it?!?

It is mostly political double speak, but you can glean parts of this bill that

will raise costs to you and me.

Last edited by a moderator:
SEC. 5101. NATIONAL HEALTH CARE WORKFORCE COMMISSION.

8 (a) PURPOSE.It is the purpose of this section to establish a National Health Care Workforce Commission.

This will be a fifteen member commission in which each member will be paid a salary of 155,500 plus travel expenses ie per diem and other perks!!!

Just another layer of beauracracy in a time we do not and cannot afford....

Follow the money. it's all crap!

Read the Bill people, it is total crap, more wasteful spending, who do you think will be appointed to these positions?

SEC. 5209. ELIMINATION OF CAP ON COMMISSIONED CORPS.

page 1312 of the bill does away with the cap for ready reserve personel

to serve in the Public Health Service ready reserves.

for those that remember Obama citing an "Civillian" Army but not refferring to the military.

This could well be it....who knows....if the Dept of Education is buying shotguns?!?

We are heading down a slippery slope of ideas that resemble the old Soviet Union style

government. Read the Bill....:soap:

This Bill from the parts I read so far, has all spending, 100 million here, 50 million there

per year. I see nothing in this bill that talks about reform, or curbing costs or reducing costs or using money efficiently. I see no oversight to this massive spending, all I see is enacting boards, commissions, corps, etc. NOTHING about containing costs.

This is a monumental piece of garbage that has took time from real issues America faces.

Jobs, economy, etc.

Obama is failing, and failing miserbly....IMPEACH all those that are killing this country,

They are not upholding their oath of office..."Defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic" Obama/Pelosi/Reid that means you!!!!:btddhorse:

It's fun watching Fox News this afternoon. They switched to sour grapes mode after Stupak's speech. Even my friend who was visiting and watching with me agreed.

Loved the "parade of fools" with Pelosi and her gavel. :angry:I can offer a suggestion of where she could put that gavel!!:cheeky:

LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT:

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND

YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL

PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

* A JOB,

* A DRIVERS LICENSE,

* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,

* WELFARE,

* FOOD STAMPS,

* CREDIT CARDS,

* SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,

* FREE EDUCATION,

* FREE HEALTH CARE,

* A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON

* BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR

LANGUAGE

* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU

DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

* AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION.

Thank you madam Polosi. Let's also take money from the American people

who have saved all of their lives and give it to the illegals so their

standard of living equals ours. Makes me want to gnaw my arm off!!!

Quote:

Every business of significant size I'm ever in these days has a "lactation room" or something similar.

I've never seen a Lactation room?!!?

I'm gonna call BS on this one Bill V.

You've never seen a lactation room?!!? I'm gonna have to call BS right back at you, bud. Do you only do business with companies headquartered in yurts?

Does Wal-mart have lactation rooms? how about Home Depot? Lowes? any government offices? Where have you seen these many rooms?

I find it ironic and almost humorous that for the companies you chose to use as your examples, I actually can answer to three of them.

Yes, Wal-Mart has lactation rooms--at least at the two stores closest to me. They're available to both employees and customers. I'll grant that one of these stores was built less than five years ago, and the other was completely gutted and rebuilt internally within the last two years--and that relatively new construction may be a factor here.

I can't speak to HD--but at my local Lowe's, there's an employee bulletin board near the public restrooms--the type that has the posters indicating the federal minimum wage and things like that which most workplaces have. On it is a sign which indicates that if any employees are needing a lactation room, there is an office which is currently being used as storage space, but which has a chair, table, and electrical outlet available which can be used for that purpose, and has the name of a manager to contact for access. (And if you're wondering why I was reading it--my daughter was in the ladies' room at the time, and I was reading the board just to pass the time while waiting for her.)

And just a couple weeks ago, I was at the Hennepin County Government Center in Brooklyn Park, MN, getting my drivers license renewed. A woman a couple people ahead of me in line was holding her baby, and was told that whatever she was there for would be a 60 to 90 minute wait. She informed the attendant that she'd need to breastfeed her kid in that time, and asked if there was a location to do that. She was informed that yes, there's a lactation room, accessible from inside a certain women's restroom, and that she can be provided the key for that room whenever she was ready.

Because of a couple layoffs, and a couple different temporary jobs between layoffs, I've worked for five different companies in the past two years (all are either local medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturers), and I've been in approximately a dozen of their facilities. And I can't think of any of them which didn't have a room available for pumping or breastfeeding. Some call it a "lactation room", some call it a "wellness room" (as it can be used for other medical needs, such as insulin shots or just having a dark space to wait out a migraine). All had a chair and table; most also had a mini-fridge to store the milk after pumping. (Note that the proposed policy you quoted doesn't say that the room has to be dedicated for pumping/breastfeeding--it just needs to be private and available. So a closed office, a partially used storage space, a converted closet, etc., all meet the requirement. As does the public elementary school where my wife teaches--which doesn't have a dedicated room, but when my wife was pumping for our two youngest kids, she and the principal set up a schedule where he would be out of his office at certain times during the day so she could use it for pumping. An arrangement like this fully meets the proposed new rules.)

You must do alot of work with unweb mothers...

What in the world does the marital status of a mother have to do with their need to pump? Mothers need to do this, regardless of whether they're married or not.

Bill V,

I too have never seen a "laxtation room" in a business, and I have worked for and with very large and progressive companies.

I have seen ladies rooms with comfy couches and chairs, however. I have even seen nurseries with changing rooms that had rocking chairs.

All of these could be used for breast feeding (or pumping), but none were designated specifically as: "Laxtation Rooms"...for if they were, I guess mom's feeding their infants formula couldn't rightfully use them...right?

:btddhorse:

TJR

So your all mad....Get off your asses and do somthing. Numbers USA is a lobbying group that is fighting to stop illeagle imigration (numbersusa.com). Another is alipac (alpac.com). Go to thier web sites and check it out. Join in and help stop this madness. If you choose not be involved you best learn Spanish. You could, and may be, the American citizen that has lost his/or her job to an illeagle immigrant. Free food, rent, education and medical. Not to mention Social Security and Medicare. Once the are given amnesty they will be voteing for more entitlements. As Jeff Dunham's Walter says "wake the hell up":angry:

TJR, I wouldn't think that would be the case. Saying that "lactation" rooms can't be used by formula mothers because they aren't lactating is like saying that you can't use a "restroom" or "bathroom" for their most common purpose simply because your not "resting" or "bathing". :)

Re: You having never seen a lactation room--I can honestly say that I'm astounded. Maybe it's an upper midwest regional thing, or something either pushed or required by the state of Minnesota. I'm honestly not sure. If either of those are the case, then I withdraw the "BS" call against bud--but he definitely should also withdraw the one on me, as I've seen plenty of them, in one form or another. And they're honestly not a big deal--definitely not a primary example to point to if you're wanting to convince others to share your opposition to the current health care reform proposal. There are bigger fish to fry.

Re: You having never seen a lactation room--I can honestly say that I'm astounded.

Not only have I never seen one, I've never even heard of one. Since when do we need a "special" room for breast feeding? Next we'll need a nose pickin room...

Les, it doesn't need to be a special room. It just needs to be a location "other than a bathroom that is shielded from view and free from intrusion from co-workers and the public". It can be an unoccupied office, a special room designated for that purpose, or anything else which meets these requirements. It doesn't even need to meet these requirements 24/7--only during the time that it is needed for pumping/breastfeeding.

It needs to be shielded from view and free from intrusion for a couple of reasons: One is for the comfort of the mother--a significant amount of comfort is needed for the milk to let down, and if that doesn't happen, it can either cause the milk volume to decrease (not just at that time, but long term) and/or cause medical issues such as mastitis. Another is for the comfort of the other employees, as we all know that lots of people (mostly male) these days aren't psychologically well-adjusted enough to see a woman breastfeed or pump without wigging out. (I have to wonder how many complaint letters/emails CBS received for having a charater pump on-camera--even with her back turned--during a recent episode of "The Good Wife".)

Next we'll need a nose pickin room...
:rofl:

Bill V.

I retract my BS call....wasn't aware you were from the state that elected that classless Moron Al Franken...It probably is a state thing.

I have kids myself and understand the importance of nursing and the benefits of mothers milk in the first few months of life versus non-breast milk. There are countless studies on this.

I chose Wal-Mart because outside of the Government, they might be the largest employer in this country.

I do not call BS on this so-called Healthcare "Reform" bill,

my examples are only a small portion of Government dictating and enacting mandates to small business. We simply cannot afford layers and layers of Government....

as for the unwed mother comment, It was a joke, I think Rodney Dangerfield used that line in Caddyshack...

Bill V,

Like I said, I've seen "Restrooms", and "Family Rooms", and "Mens Rooms" and "Ladies Room", all of which were placarded such. I've even seen "Comfort Rooms", again, placarded as such. But I've never seen a "Laxtation Room"...as you might predict I am going to say, placarded with that particular name.

And I've been all over this fine country.

TJR

Fair enough. I suspect that some of those rooms you mention are the same concept as a lactation room, but just have different wording, and/or are meant to encompass multiple purposes besides just lactation.

Just curious--what are the "family rooms" you mention? I've seen "family restrooms", which are basically unisex individual bathrooms where parents can take their opposite-gender young children, rather than sending them into a communal restroom unsupervised and unassisted. Is that what this is, or are they something else?

(Sorry for the thread hijack...)

Latest posts