Help!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle McManus

Reaction score
I am in the middle of changing my fuel lamp in the dash that is out... First I could get the bulb out so I took the plastic cover around the gauges off to see if I could get it from there.. I accendently bumped the gas :( put it back to where i remember... What should I do about that.. my other question is when I try to twist the black knob on the back that has the bulb on it. It will only twist a very very small about.. How do I get it out.. Thanks

the bulb, once you have turned it, just pull, it will come out..

As far as the fuel gauge goes, The only thing you can do Is put the gauges back in, fill the truck, then set the needle to full...

I cant think of any thing else right now..

Todd Z

Hey todd

I had turn and pulled many times now.. Tried them all.. I have pushed down and turned. Pulled and turned. I doesnt seem to go anywhere.. I did this with all of them. Things seem to be going down hill. I check to make sure my head lights still worked and now one doenst in high beam but works in low beam? I going to keep trying.. Thanks

the sockets are a pain, may need to turn a little more? wiggle a little.

As far as the headlights go, you may just have a bad bulb there..

Todd Z

Mine needed a little convincing. I don't recommend it, but you could get a better grip by using plyers with a piece of clothes around it so you don't damage the plastic.

You say you bumped the gas gauge. Did the needle actually come of or just move?

If it just moved, it will correct itself once voltage is applied from the sending unit in the tank.

Now if the needle came off, like Todd says, remove the needle, fill it up, let it run idle for 5 minutes or so. This will let the peg settle at full. Then put the needle back on..

Kylemc, I used a pair of needlenosed pliers to remove my dashlights. Just use very little pressure and be careful like Steph said. I couldn't do them be hand at all.;)

Hey everyone thanks. I got it.. Yes had to use some pliers. The headlight was burned out.. I was just afraid that I had bumped something and we all know how much fun finding an electrical problem is. Well thanks again.

Latest posts