Help what is the diff.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look on the drivers door or door jam.

There will be a tag, on the tag will be one of the codes listed below.

Code Axle

46 — 3.73 non-limited slip

42 — 4.10 non-limited slip

D4 — 3.73 limited slip

D2 — 4.10 limited slip

Let some one else do it........

Or get the same one in a limited slip from an 03 and newer with rear disk brakes..

Todd Z

D2 was the code is there anything else that you need.

i honestly just want a super temp fix cause i am looking at a 07 i am trading this one in for.

I have been calling junk yards and for a complete one it is 625

As Todd mentions, if this is an area your not familiar with, I also suggest someone else doing or at the VERY least helping you with the job.

Is it your third member, (the ring, pinion and side gears) or has your housing also suffered damage?

There really is no such thing as a temp fix. About the closest thing to it is buying a third member with high miles and getting it cheaper.

Heavier oil will prolong the issue at hand, but not if you already have an issue.

Also, just to confirm, it is the rear end, not the front end you need parts for, correct?

I just did a search and found some as low as $125.00 that were still worth buying. I found some at $99.00 but the have MEGA miles on them.

I also found several around the $200 range that had fairly low miles, right around 30 to 40 thousand miles.

Let me know...

ya i have two friends who are very good with it and they are going to help me or should i say i help them. It is the rear end. i have not dropped it yet but there was alot of noise coming from the it clacking and shaking. i took of the plug to add a little oil and there was shavings of metal on the plug. it only does it when i am turning and at slow speeds.(pulling out my drive) Where did you see those prices at?

My family owns a salvage yard that allows me to see the inventory and prices of just over 1800 other yards.

The price I posted is for the third member, if you find you need or want the complete rear end let me know and I will give you prices on that as well...

Latest posts