HELP- Trac still not running right...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather inOC

Reaction score
To follow up on yesterdays post, the trac is all spankin clean now and I've cleaned the MAF sensor, IAC, air filter and a few other parts, but it's still not running smoothly. I really don't want to have to bring it to the dealer tomorrow, so please give me your input. These are the error codes I'm getting and what they mean:

P0190 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction

P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

or

P0190 FRP Sensor Signal Low.

P0191 Engine Fuel Temperature Sensor circuit.

Is there anything I can do to fix these?

For those of you who didn't read my first post, this is what has caused my current problems:

[Broken External Image]:

-Heather in OC

i would almost lay money that you have water in your sensor plugs and/or wiring harness. either by the original 'muddying' or by the cleanup. try inspecting and cleaning what you can, or get it good and hot to drive the moisture out. the code could dissapear. but then again, maybe not..... HTH

Heather, here is some info that might help. If it does not show in this thread, it's in my library.

tracnyak

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/11566/obdII codes.htm

I would tend to agree with STanner. If someone has one of those service manual CD's, they might be able to help locate the sensor connectors. Then you can check for water in the connectors and dry them out. A can of compressed air (the stuff you use to clean computer keybords), and maybe some electrical contact cleaner should do the trick.

I wounder if you have the Broken elbow, or you got some dirt in an 02 circuit wire, Could have even cooked a wire against the exhaust under the truck, Probably the 02 wiring..

Todd Z

:) Thanks that made me laugh.

I'm a bit bummed that the trac is sick. That mud was really silty, so I'm thinking it's just some clogged sensors. Hopefully. It took me 4 hours to clean the truck today, and it could still use some more detailing. It was totally worth all this pain though b/c I had a blast.

-Heather in OC

Right on Heather. Sorry to hear another downer for you and the Trac (other one was about mileage). Hopefully it's nothing major and expensive.

i was under my trac yesterday and i have mud every where and it will stay is their a dirty trac award at the big meet:lol: as you see in my battery pic my ST is not a show trac but when it is clean it looks so good I:wub:mud

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Heather

Did the dealer fix your ST problem, mine is doing the same thing after I washed the engine and is throwing the same codes.

Doy you remember what they did to fix it?

Thanks

Joe Peg Leg Allen

Joe,

I doubt you will get a response from Heather. She sold her Trac several years ago and has not posted since 2008. So, unless she just happens to drop in to lurk around, good luck with your problem. Maybe someone else may jump in with a suggestion.

Latest posts