Help.........? ToddZ!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Yee

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I posted here a few weeks back on some engine trouble codes.. ToddZ helped me out with the issues. First, the DPFE sensor had to replaced and my trac performed better right after replacing it. :)

The second issue was a CEL code that was P0442 - Leak In Evaporative System.

I searched all around the rear driver wheel well and under the gas filler door for a loose hose but had no success. Could it possibly be something else? I looked all over and I still can't find anything. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
That hose runs all the way forward to the drivers side wheel well area. It splits into a few hoses off of other emission components. Take a look in the drivers side front area.

I agree with Billm506. You should check your gas cap and see if it is loose. It is also posslible that the gas cap may be bad and needs to be replaced. Here in Texas, they check your gas cap with a little pressure pump as part of the annual safety inspection. You may have to drive as much as ten miles before the CEL light goes out after the gas cap is fixed

If your gas cap is good and was not loose, then you need to inspect all the Evaporative hoses throughtout the vehicle and you may need to replace the Evap-Canister.

...Rich

Adam, I agree with all the above, May want to have the gas cap tested, or simply replace it..

Todd Z

Adam, The earlier 01;s didn't have a fuel cap light , I may be wrong...

And no that cap light is if it is off completely, IF the cam cant hold pressure or has a small leak, the computer will sense that, and give a small leak code..

Todd Z

Latest posts