help please driver door window replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary mendelow

Reaction score
can someone please walk me through how to install a new window in the drivers door of a 2001 sport trac???

my issue is that the lower track that attaches to the window in two places has come off the glass...I am thinking that since I have an extra door it might be easier to put a whole new piece of glass in versus trying to get that track to reattach to the glass while in the door..

any and all help appreciated...

thanks,

gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Inside may not be that hard, From what I remember there is room. I have just used silicone and re attached.

Todd Z

I just replaced the passenger rear window...if it helps

I had to remove the door panel

then remove the speaker (for room reasons)

Plug in the switch for the window

Roll the window all the way down

Remove the weather stripping from the window

First the inside/outside lower trim, then, working from the pilar side, take off the whole piece

Then remove the bolts on the center of the door for the window track

slide the whole window/track sideways off the regulator arm

CAREFULLY remove the window and it's lower piece off the window track.

I had to use a bit of force, and I broke the tabs on the inside of the track guides that keep it from coming off the track completely. I DON'T recommend this? But I didn't have a problem with re-installation/function.

Remove the window from the door. (It's gonna be a tight fit...slowly squeeze it out, but be SUPER careful)

You can remove the track, but there's really no point unless you're driving around with no window.

To reinstall, reverse the process, and don't forget to put the track on the window again before you re-install it to the regulator arm.

Now. I agree with Todd, especially since he is who he is. lol And he's right, if you remove the door panel and speaker there's usually plenty of room to slide it back into place and use some silicone. Personally, I like 3M 5200 Quick Drying. But that crap gets EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. And I cannot stress the term PERMANENT and it's WHITE. So you'd see it everywhere. Forever.

But? Upside is that this stuff will literally never come off. So window'd be sitting in there basically forever. lol

With whatever you do, hope it goes well!

AWWWWWW......Blush...LOL

:bwahaha:

Latest posts