HELP ME!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS DAVIS 2

Reaction score
MY BACK WINDOW IS DOWNED AND WONT GO UP. I JUST BOUGHT MY ST AND I LOVE IT. BUT THE DEALERSHIP DID NOT HAVE THE MANUAL WITH IT. I AM STATIONED AT FORT RUCKER ALABAMA AND IT IS COLD AND RAINY. I NEED A FUSE LAYOUT AND SOME ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO. I AM IN THE MILITARY AND WE DONT MAKE THAT MUCH MONEY, SO PLEASE HELP ME.:(

Sounds like the motor failed.

There are owners manuals online for free from the Ford Fleet Website.

Tom

Afraid Todd's right. ST's have a history of rear window motor failure. If the other windows work it's not a fuse. Same fuse for all. A new motor is going to set you back around $170. Time to get out the plastic and duct tape.

I CANT FIND THAT WEBSITE. HHOW ABOUT THE RELAY IS IT THE SAME FOR ALL WINDOWS? IT IS REALLY THAT MUCH FOR A MOTOR. THAT LITTLE BOX THAT HAS THE MANUFACTORY CODE FOR YOUR DOORS WHAT IS THAT? IT IS RIGHT BEHIND THE BACK SEAT IN THE CENTER OF THE COMPARTMENT?

All you had to do was go to the fleet.ford.com website. It wasn't hard to find.

As for your problem with the window. Why do you feel you need to check things that aren't bad? The rear window motors fail and a few people have had them fail and replacing the motor is all it tok to fix. Don't like the price of the motor? Don't replace it. Manually move the window up and build some type of system to leave it that way.

There is a little button here that says "Search". Click it to find your answer to most any question you have.

Tom

P.S. CAPS mean you are yelling. Please don't yell. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I AM NOT YELLING I JUST DONT LIKE HAVING TO KEEP HITTING SHIFT WHEN I WONT TO CAP SOMETHING BUT THANKS I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS FLEET.FORD I WAS SEARCHING FRODFLEET.COM THANKS BECAUSE IT IS ALOT EASIER FOR ME TO CHECK THE FUSE, RELAY AND SWITCH WITH MY VOLTMETER THAN TO JUMP STRAIGHT TO THE MOTOR. I WAS JUST USING PROCESS OF ELIMINATION. SORRY.

Like Tom said do a search. Your not the first one to encounter this. My motor went out during the warranty. I kept hitting the button off and on throughout the day and it finally went up. Ford told me my motor was going bad and they replaced it.

You will find many discussions on many things here. I suggest you tape up your window for now if it is cold if you have to drive it. Untill you get it figured out.

you'll get far less complaints for typing in all lower case then in all caps :p it really is bad manners to type in all caps unless you are intending it to be yelling...

Try this...

re: HELP!! with Back Power Window by kefguy,8/23/2005 04:06 PT

Hang on a sec.

Before you do that, did you try to re-initialize the system? If not, here's how:

a. Start with the ignition key in the OFF position.

b. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.

c. Press the rear window glass control switch vent button six times.

d. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.

e. Press the rear window glass control switch vent button six more times.

f. Turn the ignition key to the ON position. At this point the rear window glass will move up and down approximately 20 mm (0.8 in). This movement signifies that the rear window glass motor has entered into the initialization mode.

Note: The rear window glass control switch must be held in the up or down position until the window glass stops moving. Failure to hold the switch will end the initialization operation. Then initialization will have to be re-started.

g. Hold the rear window glass control switch in the full up position until the rear window glass stops in the full up position.

Note: If a repair is to be carried out on the rear window glass release the rear window glass control switch when it reaches the desired position. This will end the initialization operation.

h. Hold the rear window glass control switch in the full down position until the rear window glass stops in the full down position.

i. Hold the rear window glass control switch in the full up position until the rear window glass stops in the full up position. At this time the window will move up and down approximately 20 mm (0.8 in) signifying the rear window glass motor is initialized.

Also, You don't need to take the back panel off to troubleshoot or replace the backplane motor. Fold down the rear passenger-side seat and open the access panel. As you're looking at the rear of the vehicle, the motor's electrical connector is down on the left side corner of the compartment. To access the motor and regulator (the mechanical gear and pulley system), open the fabric flap that's behind the access panel and pull off the ridged plastic cover

I think he's talking about the Crimson Tide. Don't know for sure. Sounds a little excited. Says he's in the military. Maybe he's taking on friendly fire. :rolleyes:

SORRY ABOUT THAT I MENT TO PUT RON. A GUY THAT SENT RODGER ADVICE WHEN HIS WINDOW WAS MESSED UP. YES IT IS FOOTBALL. ALABAMA VS AUBURN IS COMING UP. IT IS A RIVAL MATCH. BUT THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HAS SENT ME ADVICE SO FAR. I JUST SIGN UP TODAY AND I AM LOVING IT. I AM SEARCHING FOR A SUB ALSO NOW. I SEE WHERE PEOPLE LOVE IT.

QUIT YELLING!!!!!!And man, am I happy that I got the solid rear window, after hearing that this is a common problem. I know, I know, one of the best features of all of the STs, but damn,,,,,,,if it's going to give everyone problems, then I am glad that I only have to deal with the four motors on the other windows and not that humungus rear one as well,,,,,,,,,just my .02 again, sorry,,,,,,,,,out, Mark

Different strokes. It's good that everyone's not the same. Really. But as for me, I'd do without one of the rear door power windows to have the power back window. (If that was necessary.) :rolleyes: That back window was what first made an ST catch my eye. :cool:

Now if it was possible for Ford to make all the motors the same. I could take one of the back ones and replace the rear one if mine went out again. I never use those windows anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I WILL JUST HAVE TO BUY A NEW ONE. I AM GOING TO PAINT IT ANYWAYS I MIGHT AS WELL JUST GO AHEAD AND DISH SOME MORE MONEY OUT. I HAVE ALSO GOT ALOT OF PEOPLE SAYING THAT THEY LOVE THE LEDS THAT I HAVE UNDER IT. WHEN I GET HOME I WILL PLACE SOME PICS OF MY ST ON MY PROFILE.

Latest posts