Help it's COLD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dove

Reaction score
Help, i'm sooooooo cold, and can't get the ST in for service right now, but my motor burned out on my drivers side window, and it's stuck in the down position, i've taken off the panel and TRIED to figure out how to get it back up, but no luck, any help? Would be greatly appreciated, thank you,..

~Dove~

Dovie,

Yep, that same cold front is headed our way and will cover Texas by tomorrow evening with lows in the 20's and highs in the lower 40's. And just think...It's expected to be 81 degrees today.:wacko:

...Rich

Cripes, you people don't know what cold is, we broke a 110 year record today for coldest weather on this day in Calgary, -40 with the windchill, -30 C (-22 F) on the thermometer.

Sorry I can't help you with your window problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
-22 F is pretty cold. January temps in upstate NY where I grew up used to hit that low and lower when I was a kid. Can remember hauling water from a creek to our cattle...having to chop a hole in the ice with an axe on a running creek...5 minutes later it was frozen over again more than 1" thick. That's COLD!

Boy, talk about drifting away from the point......I bet Dove is like "When is someone going to answer my real question about how to get his damn window up instead discussing the local weather in there areas?" :lol:

Olaf-- was that minus 40 Fahrenhiet or Celcius? ;)

Dove: Sorry to hear that. Duct tape and visqueen is about all I can think of until you can get it serviced. Note: A body/collision repair shop can probably repair it also.

My door was frozen shut this morning. Almost got taken out by a t100 to boot. People need to learn how to drive. Ohh its a Balmy 13 degrees here.

Dove,

First check to see if your switch is working, if not it might be the switch, once you have eliminated the switch then ...:(

This is going to sound strange however it worked on my 1999 Sebring convertable as well as my Caravan. Find out where the motor is that contols the window and take a rubber mallet and give it a descent shot while holding the switch in the up position.I have done this myself and have been successful in raising the window up.Once you have the window up disconnect the switch so you don't hit it and have to do this again. You only get a couple of times that this will work after that you need to replace the motor and or window assembly.

My Caravan cost me $345.00 Dealer part only for the frame and motor, motor alone was $250.00 seen ware and tear on frame so replaced when I did the work.

Good Luck! and may "The Force Be With You!" :eek:

Pete

Dove, hope you get it back up!

Pete, I have a 2001 Town and Country with the passenger side window motor blown. I've got the new frame and motor, but haven't started the project. Any hints on how best to get it in there?

brian - at least you have heated seats, my battery shorted out on my F150 today, so I had nothing but cold, and the fun of changing the battery in this fine -40 weather. That is the second Ford battery in 22 months. I am done with that brand of battery and am now trying a different brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
webby- yes, my first one went after about 10 months of owning the truck, Ford replaced under warranty. A month after that my truck was completely dead (2 volts showing on my multimeter) I had it boosted and taken to Ford, they kept it overnight and said nothing was wrong, all is well. Now 11 months after that it was completely dead again, worked fine one day, 0 cranking amps and 4 volts the next. I boosted it and drove to the parts store. They tested it, 0 cranking amps again, completely dead after an hour of driving. I am now out of warranty so I bought a Exide (Champion) sub-zero with 200 more cca. So far so good. My 03 ST also had to have one replaced under warranty.

Latest posts