HELP! - I Wanna Do Some Haulin'

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
I want to buy a trailer for my Trac to use to haul brush, junk, my John Deere garden tractor, lumber, etc.

I'm thinking of a 6x10 or maybe 6x12 single axle.

Anyone have any advice, experience, or recommendations?

THANKS

A 66 series in the link below is what I am starting to zero-in on. Comments?

Gavin,

I don't know about that particular brand, it looks like those are good sturdy trailers.

I don't think you need any thing with brakes....

My only recommendations are find out if you can get a ramp for the back, I do see that it tilts, but some times a nice back ramp is great for the fast loading of something that may roll backward on you.

Also see if you can get tall sides, or add them. I have a 4x8 that I use for basic stuff and the tall sides came into play when hauling tall furniture, fence, and other things that needed to stand up...

A small utility trailer is allways a great idea...

Good luck with it and let us know what you eventually wind up purchasing..

Todd Z

if you need bigger go with the 77x10 series i pull my 16ft camper with my 14" boat on top so yeah youo will be fine... there nice trailers

i just have to lock my over drive out when i am pulling

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently purchased a used 5X8 trailer. With all that it does, it has been very useful, I can haul my mower, brush, Cinder blocks. etc.. The guy I bought it from used it to haul used Engines from Nebraska to Missouri.

I found that Home Depot sells this brand, and new cost was around $900.00. I got a good deal on mine at $375.00 used, and other than normal scratches and a burned out bulb, it was in great shape.

Regards, and Merry Christmas.

Dave

I pull a 6x10 with ramp on back and side and haul a 300cc fourwheeler sideways in the front and a 500cc longways on the back with my sons 110cc in the bed and the trac handles it fine.

From looking at these trailers myself for quite a while, it seems that there is little difference between them. Although more expensive, I would prefer the all-aluminum trailer. Rust free, lighter, and stronger, it should be the last trailer that you will ever have to buy.

Thanks for the comments. I am learning a lot as I read and look at trailers for sale.

I am settling on 6' wide being a useful size for hauling 4-wheelers, etc. (I won't be hauling a 4-wheeler, but 6' might help resale if I ever need to sell it). Also, the ramp on the back is necessary, and I don't want to mess with the tilt. I have been looking at several different trailers, and I am seeing a huge difference in build quality (such as welds, paint, gage of metal, treated/untreated deck, etc.). The 10 or 12-foot lenght is looking about right for my needs--haul enough stuff but be easy to store, tow, etc. Aluminum would be very nice, but is very pricey. I'll probably go with a well-built steel manufactured unit, as opposed to a home-built trailer.

This weekend is looking like a trailer-buying weekend!

Latest posts