HELP HELP!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckles Martin

Reaction score
ok so i took my truck in a puddle just a little water mud mix and now it smells like a fire is about to start i need help what do i need to do it smells like rubber and wood can u help please:(:(:(

its not that its under the hood and its hard to see bec. its dark out side but i smells like it is up at the top idk if mud got on the engine but it smells so bad

Chuckles,

With all due respect...

Asking someone to diagnose a problem over the internet without any real symptoms is asking a person from across the country to tell you what he thinks of your Grandma's Pumpkin Pie without getting a taste.

You got a few options.

Get a flashlight and look for something.

Get to a car wash and wash where there is mud and crap

Wait until morning and look at it when you have light.

That is about all I, or anyone, can suggest.

Tom

Chuckles...come daylight you need to back track your steps..

It sounds like maybe you ran over someone's campsite..:lol:

Sounds like mud or something is burning off the exhaust.....

As Tom said, Car wash.....

Todd Z

Yeah, I went mudding one time and had the same thing. I had to go to a spray car wash and rinse the undercarriage out. Every nook and cranny had mud that needed to be washed out. Needless to say, I haven't put the ST in the mud since.

Sounds like what happened to my daughter last week, she drove to work and called me right away, smoke coming from the wheel wells, Turns out she drove thru a puddle of water and it was just burning off the engine and brakes parts. One of her co-workers went to double chek for her.

It could also be a plastic bag or something of the like, Check your hoses in the engine and under the hood and engine compartment.

It smells like something on fire? like? rubber? paper? oil?

More than likely it is as Caymen and ToddZ and Me stated and just needs a good rinsng or cleaning.

Latest posts