HELP...DMV and dealer can't read my emisions sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Kaufman

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? As many of you know i have my st set for super gasoline, but the DMV inspection station failed me for not being able to read my emmisions from the cpu in the truck...i brought it to the dealer and their system is showing all zeros or n/a in those spots.....How can i get this to pass and find the emmisions sensors...I have lost my programmer. they are telling me i might need a new PCM. how much should that cost

Have you checked the fuse. There is a fuse that powers the obd2 port. I would have to get my manual to tell you which one.

IF his truck was tuned by wayne or Doug and NEVER told them to leave the emissions testing ON.... your SOL..... YOU need a new TUNE, or you have to replace the computer.....

Todd Z

My tune was orignally tuned by the people that sold me my programmer at the 1st Louisville meet that I went to in 2006. Don't remember what his name was, but he was selling the tunners as a site sponser that weekend.

Todd is right on.

My Brenspeed tune for my charger SCT tuned setup had 3 emissions settings turned off (showing as 'not ready'). I didn't know it until I went to get my annual NYS inspection and they failed me. I had to get an updated SCT tune with those settings turned on. Thanks to Torrie and a backup from Brenspeed I passed after the new tune and going through a complete drive cycle before they hooked me back up. This May my ST passed without a problem.

Latest posts