HELP A/C problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan Darbyshire

Reaction score
After installing some things under the hood, everything is fine for a few days untill i notice the a/c first starting to cut out and then the front vents completely stopped blowing air, the only vents blowing air are the rear vents and the defrost,

So i look under the car and see that the vacuum ball that was in the front right fender, is hanging down on the ground, and there is only one half to the ball.

Can i reorder this part to fix my a/c easily?

and making sure that the vacuum ball being broken is the cause for the a/c problems?

please help, 115 degree heat index with no front a/c is torture

You can replace the ball, But you can simply connect the 2 lines together to check and make sure it was the issue...

The ball is there to maintain vacuum in the dash system when you open the throttle more than 1/2 way for a little bit...

Todd Z

From above ..... This is the quick fix....

But you can simply connect the 2 lines together to check and make sure it was the issue...

I have no clue on the part number for the ball, I am sure it is a Junk yard or Ford part only...

Todd Z