Heavy Duty Snowblower Skids

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Sayre

Reaction score
Tired of having your snowblower banging into each uneven section of sidewalk, catching on every crack in the driveway? This replacement set of skids allow you to avoid damage and keep smooth control over cracks and other uneven surfaces.

What makes these skids different?

1) Superior Design over original skids

2) Superior Materials

3) Made in America with American Steel

1) Superior Design of Heavy-Duty Skid: The replacement snowblower skids are made from 1/4 flat bar, more than twice as thick as the stock skids. They are wider and more than twice as long as the original skid as well, a fact I'll get back to in a moment. The steel is much better at taking a beating than the unknown recycled 'metal' of the stock skids.

By Designing my skid over 12 inches long, I can make the angle of the skids much less - at 22 degrees its less than half that of the original skid. For every bump the skid encounters, it has twice the distance to lift the snowblower up over the bump as a stock skid. My replacement skid has the ends of each skid turned up slightly steeper to handle bumps up to almost 2 inches. You may have bent your stock skids, but you're not going to bend these.

See actual pictures Learn more at: www.snowblowerskids.com

Latest posts