heated seat button

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Miles

Reaction score
The heated seat button on my 04 is acting up. I am forced to push the button several times to turn the heated seat on or off. Does this sound like the switch or is there a relay that may be causing the problem. Also, how difficult is it to repair the switch and or relay. I should also mention that when the heat does go on, the light on the button is lit. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bad switches.... I had to replace both in my 04...

Todd Z

The switch is a piece of cake to replace. I replaced the driver's side switch in my '04 a while back when it went bad. Just pop it out and unplug it, and replace it.

I have to replace the same one again because the top of the switch got broken off. Forgot the part number, so I contacted Torrie. He responded within 30 minutes with the part # and price. I placed the order last Thursday, and received it yesterday.

Here's the part number and price from Torrie:

98AZ14D694AA $19.95

Is it possible that the light on the switch would come on, but it does not feel like it is working? Mine has been like this for awhile, but I have not had a chance to look at it.

Thanks for the info. I was worried it was going to be something electrical and complicated. Once it gets warmer I take care of it. For now in "chilly" Mass the heat stays on!

Instead of getting a replacement switch, would it be possible to go to radioshack and wire in a toggle switch in order to relocate teh switch onto the dash???? Or does it have to be the push button?

Traintrac, I was moreso wondering whether a toggle could be added instead of paying $20 for a new switch? I want to do the project but have a busted switch as well and would rather just replace them with toggle instead of replacing the push buttons.

Latest posts