heat not so hot 2007

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsiegel

Reaction score
My heat seem to not get so hot.

Check....full radiator and reserve tank,

I have an electric fan and I have the fan turned back.

This truck has the electronic ( not the knobs) temp controls.

This truck also has split temp option for the front passenger.

I have tried each side separately as well as in Duel mode and it sounds like both the actuators are working. Both sidse feel about the same temp when on full hot.

I look inside the radiator and it looks to me that the thermostat cycles. Movement and then no movement. If that can be seen with the cap off. I have no idea what temp thermostat is in this truck. It could be that a cooler thermostat was installed when the Brenspeed kit was installed a few years ago.

I don't remember the truck not making heat last year. I never remember setting the temp inside to 90.

To add some more information, I am able to bring the temperature setting all the way down and can hear the actuators move and feel the temp cool off.

Dash engine temp sits in the right spot and never moves.

I'd like to feel the hoses in and out of the heater core and possibly flush the core out but I don't know where they pass through the fire wall. anyone???

Open to suggestions..

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is out there,but. I was having problems with the auto climate control in an '88 T-Bird. The temp-computer had to be replaced.

Also if you can see the thermistor (measures the temp for the computer) thru the inlet in the dash. I suppose they still use the same tech for the auto-control, IDK. You can try washing it with safe contact cleaner. They can acumulate dust, or tar if you smoke. MAF cleaner will work. The wires in the MAF is the same technology.

Just a suggestion.

Probably the temperature blend door actuator, a known issue on Explorer's in general. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=37&v=BERmZRDfqPw

I flushed out the heater core put the hose on both the inlet and then the outlet. went back and forth a few times also tried purging and straight flow. Dumped all the water into a pail. A good amount of sediment accumulated in the bottom of the bucket. my hands are too cold to tell how much of a difference that has made. I'll go out in a bit and run the truck and see.

But if the sediment was restricting the amount of water actually getting through the heater core I would think that would aid to delivering not so hot heat.

I only have the winter garden hose on. The other hoses on my house run off the well which delivers much more water pressure. Too bad.

I'll post in a bit for an update to tell how much of a difference this has made.

Stuck open thermostat.

Todd Z

Latest posts