headunit install help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up a pioneer double din headunit to replace my stock unit that has no sub and it doesn't have the premium sound.

im having a hard time finding out which harness I need and trim kit. everywhere its telling me different part numbers. I like the scosche trim kit over the metra

any help?

Just a FYI you will have to trim your dash slightly here is a pic not mine

[Broken External Image]:

Some of the touch screens require you to wire it to your parking brake as a safety precaution so you cannot use some features while driving but there is a work around just good 5v volt voltage regulator

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert,

I put one of those radios in and mine had a option where i could turn the parking lock on or off in the settings, id check that first

My touchscreen DVD unit had a relay system wired for it to simulate a parking brake switch.

I used whatever kit I could find and it was perfect. The harness was the same as the wifes Explorer without a sub as it was for mine with the OE sub. I just removed the OE sub and put the CWells box I got from Rich Stern a few years ago.

Tom

Latest posts