Headrests - a better solution?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Bergeon

Reaction score
Do any headrests exist out there that can be swapped in for the cheap, crappy headrests that come on the 01-05 STs? Ford decided for over a decade to use headrests that help give you whiplash, not help prevent it.

Find a set from an 01 and some 02's.... They are adjustable...

Todd Z

Hmm interesting my wife always complains about the headrest I didn't now the 01's, 02's were adjustable, does the leater interior match the 04's.

Check out www.neckbonz.com. They make pretty cool add-ons to supplement the crappy factory headrests.

That is somrthing I have noticed about most cars and trucks. The headrest is only effeciant if you drive with the seat back straight up. I like alittle tilt myself.

As another safety feature that will further drive up the cost of new cars, I read that the Government has mandated active headrests to be integrated into all new cars within the next few years. From what I recall, the active headrests move forward when a crash is detected to decrease the distance between it and your head.

How do the 01's and 02's "adjust" just up and down or do they tilt forward and back.

The neckbonz ones look alright although my wifes main complaint is on long rides when she wants to relax it is uncomforable and in that case a pillow will do about the same thing.

Mine is an 01, the headrest moves up and down and also rotates forwards. If you want I can get a pic tomarrow, showing the diff._Ron

I've always complained about the headrests. I miss the adj. ones from my 01. I asked coastie to find some, but I think he said they want to sell the whole seat, not just the headrests.

Gary D.

I have an '02 and the headrests are not adjustable.

Glad they are not adjustible because I think they are nice and comfy.

Tom