Headlight

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Niederhauser

Reaction score
My one headlight keeps going out. What I found (I think) is the wires going into the connector are the cause. Now my Question.. Do I have to buy the Connector pigtail and splice it in or is there away to re-secure the wires in the connector? :wacko:

By buddy has a Subaru that he said eats headlights. I told him that you do make sure not to touch the buld when you replace it, right? He said, why don't they print that on the package!

If it is the connector. You can get one anywhere and cut and splice. I like to solder the wires myself. Then shrink tube or elec tape them. Make shure to mate the wires correctly. The generic connector wont be color coded.

Make sure you slide the Heat Shrink on before you splice.. or you wont get it on the wire..

I know it sounds dumb to remind people.. but I dont know how many times I had to redo this..

I had both of mien burnout about a year ago. I actually looked all over for them and foudn two of them in some rinky dink auto parts store a few miles away. Only place in the area that had them and they were about $12 each

HELP Makes them.....

Todd Z

Wekk Todd Z you were right... The connector I got 2 for$12.00 (Made in China) were color codes, but they were different than the factory one. Factory had green in the right side and black on the left. China on the black on the right and yellow on the left..:blink:

Well I didn't pay attention to the after market connector color wirs and hooked of the wires the same as the original. What ever wire was on the right side and left side I hooked to the new connector... the Light works..... did I do right.....

Latest posts