Headlight Alignment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan D

Reaction score

Alright . .I have no manual nor repair manual . .I have purchased both off Ebay and are in

route, at least I hope. I also did a search and found nothing on headlight alignment.

I just installed some silverstar ultra's, and I messed up my headlight alignment when reinstalling the lights. Totally my fault . .although I'm not too certain they were properly aligned beforehand.

How do I realign these .. I know the procedures. . park 25 feet from a wall . .mark the center of each light on the wall . .adjust . . Where are the adjustment points on the sport trac?

Thanks again for your help.

Lift the flaps that are directly above each headlite under the hood. You will see the the top of the adjuster rod. Then follow the directions you stated.

If they are out of whack, I can almost guaranty you did not clip in the lock correctly...

The only way to knock them out is if you took a pair of pliers and turned the plastic adjusters..

The 25" thing is actually in front of you on the road....

To adjust them you have to remove the locking clips and turn the plastic nubs on the ends and re install...

Todd Z

Latest posts