Have A Great Weekend, But Never Forget:

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
What Memorial Day is all about. Attend a Memorial Day ceremony, visit a Veteran's Cemetery, or just take a few minutes on Monday to remember those who gave the last full measure.

that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain - that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom - and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

d8676eae8196db58a91f8a60cc220ed5.jpg

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
All our troops give of themselves for us, but remember that some gave all for us! Here's to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

Thanks for the post.

"Across the foreigh shores are the souls I wont ignore

That would not run from our enemies as we rest in our peace"

To those that continue to sacrifice themselves, and to those that sacrificed thier all, I and my family thank you. You have paid for our freedom with yours. I will never forget.

i'm marching with the Fire Department in our parade. My fire company makes it MANDATORY that we are at the FD at 06:00 for a service honoring our troops, past and present. I think it's the greatest thing and feel that communities as a whole should have a mandatory service.

Have a happy memorial day everyone. I too value everything your boys are doing across the globe for our way of life.

cheers :cool:

January 2 1979 - Feb 1 1999.......... I LOVE MY COUNTRY!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

France is filled with 1000s of American soldiers from WWI and WWII. These cemeteries are well kept in honour of the sacrifice our soldiers made for freedom.

[Broken External Image]:

Argonne American Cemetery, Argonne, France

How many European cemeteries are there in this country?

In alphabetical order. Just in Europe .

1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne , France . A total of 2289 of our military dead.

2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes , Belgium . A total of 5329 of our dead.

3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France . A total of 4410 of our military dead.

4. Brookwood , England American Cemetery. A total of 468 of our dead.

5. Cambridge , England . 3812 of our military dead.

6. Epinal , France American Cemetery. A total of 5525 of our Military dead.

7. Flanders Field , Belgium . A total of 368 of our military.

8. Florence , Italy . A total of 4402 of our military dead.

9. Henri-Chapelle , Belgium . A total of 7992 of our military dead.

10. Lorraine , France . A total of 10,489 of our military dead.

11. Luxembourg , Luxembourg . A total of 5076 of our military dead.

12. Meuse-Argonne. A total of 14246 of our military dead.

13. Netherlands , Netherlands . A total of 8301 of our military dead.

14. Normandy , France . A total of 9387 of our military dead.

15. Oise-Aisne , France . A total of 6012 of our military dead.

16. Rhone , France . A total of 861 of our military dead.

17. Sicily , Italy . A total of 7861 of our military dead.

18. Somme , France . A total of 1844 of our military dead.

19. St. Mihiel , France . A total of 4153 of our military dead.

20. Suresnes , France . a total of 1541 of our military dead.

IF I ADDED CORRECTLY.... THE COUNT IS 104,366

These cemeteries are well kept in honour of the sacrifice our soldiers made for freedom.

You've been in Europe for too long, Nelson!:lol: It's coloured your outlook on spelling!:p

I've been to #11 (Patton's Grave Site) and the German cemetary down the road. Sandweiler German War Cemetery

The American Memorial Cemetary

[Broken External Image]:

Sandweiler German War Cemetery

[Broken External Image]:

Saw a convoy at a local truck stop today when I went for my afternoon dose of 44-ounce Dew. I got to talking to them. They were a mechanical unit of some sort en route from Camp Ripley to Fort McCoy. A state trooper had pulled them over because a motorist saw something fall off a fuel trailer hitched to a FMTV being towed by a HEMTT wrecker. They were checking to see what they'd lost. Shook hands with the ones that were handy and thanked them for serving. Wished them a good weekend.

Yea, whenever I see one in dress, I thank them. And I am teaching my son to do the same. He told a group of VFW guys last 4th of july thanks for keeping me safe and free, kinda teared up the man he shook hands with. Want him to understand just what these men and women have done, and continue to do today.

I was in Normandy this time last year. Here are a couple pics I took at the American Cemetery that are appropriate for this weekend.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

visit a Veteran's Cemetery

I visited a cemetery today. Nathaniel Bettes is buried there. He was a Minuteman for the Revolutionary War. We have a close friend that is a direct descendant of him.

Tom

Thanks for the post, may we never forget, those we lost..

This maybe a little self serving. This holiday reminded me, what the ex never wanted me to display in our home. So now I have.

I just feel blessed to have made it home after 2 back to back, 'Nam tours. So many didnt..

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts