Halo Fog lights wiring options question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Ok, Yesterday I got my halo fog lights...

They came with a plug for the fog light that plugs on to the factory plug.

The halo part ( LED's) have 2 more wires to hook up. no plug.

Do you think I should run a separate switch for the halo part?

OR

Do you think i should splice them all together and let them both light up?

OR

DO you think I should I only hook up the halo part and not use the fog light bulb?

Thanks

Todd Z

i say you make the led part light up when you turn on your truck and stay on no matter what is on as far as your other lights. they can be on with your fogs, or without. Kind of like daytime running lights.

Personally, i would just splice them all together...what's the point of having fog light but not using it. Secondly, i wouldnt wire them separate because i dont like having wires all over the place (i like to keep things nice and simple).....that's just what i think whatever u want to do is up to you.

Happy Thanksgiving

Mat

Jeff both spliced in to the running light circut may blow the fuse,

But I like the idea of just the LED's in the parking lights, But the factory fogs work that way now....

I may just splice them all together....

ANY more ideas???

Thanks

Todd Z

true, true...

I have the factory fogs now, So me splicing them in is not an issue....

I think I need to test light them with a battery to see how they look...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Hella Angel Eyes driving lights installed. The halo ring I hooked up to come on with the parking lights, and the main driving lights are hooked up to their own switch. I wish the kit you bought had been available when I did the mine, probably would have been a much cleaner install for me.

[Broken External Image]:

I didnt want to go thru the firewall or add a new switch for my 2nd set of fogs (on top of tow rings). I added a inline fuse and a 30 amp relay to run them just to be safe. The relay is tripped by a wire from a factory fog (+ switched wire) with an inline diode to be safe. So everything is under the hood.

I cut and soldered and heat shrinked the wires together so they both come on at the same time with the factory switch... Hopefully tomorrow I will install...

Will keep you posted...

Todd Z

Todd,

If both the halo portion and the center light come on at the same time, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having the halo light? I don't think you'd be able to tell that the halo light is even there, as the main light would outshin eit.

Here is a pic of mine with both the halo and center light on at the same time:

[Broken External Image]: