Had a little fun this weekend

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took this

[Broken External Image]:

and turned it into this

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

a front wheel drive figure-8 car. I had a blast for 10 laps before someone hit my front rim and my front tire came off. I had ran demo derby alot about 15-18 years ago but haven't ran lately because of work and the kids take up a lot of time. but now that the car is ready I'm ready to run again in Midland, MI on Aug,22. some of the guys I talked to said that they can get 15-20 races out of these cars.

Oh dang, that is crazy. Congrats, in a way I guess for doing 10 laps and making a derby car out of a granny car (no offence). Good job, and good luck.:cool:

No offence George. I already upgraded all the front wheel studs to 5/8" and reinforced some other areas for the next race. Most of the other cars are Corsicas or Celebertys and I have the 3100 motor over their 2.5s. Midland will be on asphalt so this will be a new experience. like I said I am just getting back into this after about 15 years.

They don't go flat very easily and if they do they are easier to drag around than full size tires. I have seen cars come back from the heat to the feature with only one back tire and still run competitively, with front wheel drive they just drag the back of the car around.

What is the purpose of using fence post for a roll cage? That cage will do nothing to save you in the event of a roll over or a direct hit. If you are going to build to help save your life use DOM tubing..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts