Guys I need some help....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Boian

Reaction score
Guys Sorry i havent been on in forever, I totaled my 01 sport trac last august. My mother has an 07 sport trac with alot of problems!!!! so i was wondering what tsb's were out on the new sport tracs, The seat belt dingers have quit working, When you have just stopped at a light or stop sign it is almost like you have just been rear ended, And when you first fire up the vehicle the rpm's rev really high for about 5-8 seconds almost redlined..Any help would be amazing. We are taking it to the stealer ship first thing in the morning

The tranny "BUMP" is a common issue....

There are mechanical fixes for it, but the easiest is simply disconnect the battery ( NEG cable only) for about 15 min... This will reset the tranny computer.

As for the high idle rev, Maybe reseting the computer with the battery may do it.... But the idle is computer controlled, there is relay no mechanical adjustment that is easy to do...

Todd Z

It is not "MY" fix...... I am simply passing on what Andy C has told people to do...

Todd Z

I thought it was Dingo's fix :unsure:

But from what I've heard, this "fix" only works for the '07's n '08's

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts